Lump On My Apisto

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Jefferys420, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Jefferys420Valued MemberMember

So today I found this lump on my apistos and I'm not sure what it is there's no damage on here scales on that area what ever it is it's under there scales does any1 have any advise for me ? Pics below they not clear cause it's a screen shot of a vid Screenshot_2018-04-23-18-04-23.jpgScreenshot_2018-04-23-18-04-18.jpg

2. ktorgValued MemberMember

Sorry, but it's impossible to tell without better pictures...

3. Jefferys420Valued MemberMember

Here's better pics 20180423_191235.jpg20180423_191140.jpg20180423_191124.jpg

4. ktorgValued MemberMember

Hmm... some kind of internal growth or tumor? Is it acting strange at all?
    Isn't that the wild-caught one that we were trying to help you breed a while back?

5. Jefferys420Valued MemberMember

No doesn't seem to be acting strange she still eating still active maybe just a little more nippy then usual .....not it's not that female I've put her in another tank for now to condition her and try again but it is another wild caught comes from the same batch as my other wild caught 1 it's the female my friend got when I got mine

6. Jefferys420Valued MemberMember

I've also been reading that they can get ulcers from spawning? I'm not sure if thats true but the 1 female and male had a sparring match the other day and then she laid eggs

7. ktorgValued MemberMember

I have never heard of this before. Can you provide a source?

8. Jefferys420Valued MemberMember

Well when you look up causes of ulcers in aquariums on Google it says they can get it from spawning when they flashing and rub up against a rock or tank decor lose a scale and so the ulcer starts ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice