Lump on betta Help

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Dolphini, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Dolphini

DolphiniValued MemberMember

So a lump has gradually been growing on the right side of Mr. Bleu, my betta. It's behind his eye, just above his little swimming fins. He seems to be acting normal (ie. eats like a pig, builds bubble nests) and aside from the fin rot I've battled on and off, is fine. He is quite old though, at least 2 years now and I'm afraid the lump might be cancer. What are your opinions of this?

278.jpg279.jpg

2. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Looks like a tumor to me sorry :(
    I've got a girl with one right now and they don't seem to do as well but they can live for a long time with them without too many problems depending on the location.
    <HUGS>

3. OP
    OP
    Dolphini

Ah ok, that's what I suspected. I'll just have to see how he does and spoil him with bloodworms. Thanks! -hugs-

4. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

I'm sorry Dolphini but it does look like a tumor. I hope things go as well as they can.

5. cajunfiberco

cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

What a beautiful old guy! I'm sorry about the tumor :( You know you gave him the best life he could have though!

6. OP
    OP
    Dolphini

Thank you so much guys! Hopefully Bleu keeps chugging along for a long while. In the meantime I'll give him a treat from you guys. ;)

7. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Aw, please do! I'm sorry to hear this but he has done well, just keep him comfortable as you always have, he will be grateful.

8. StatholNew MemberMember

Do bettas ever get cysts? I don't know how you'd tell the difference between a cyst and a tumor short of doing a puncture, which is definitely not something I would feel comfortable doing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice