Ludwigia repens

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by derkulies, Jul 25, 2015.

1. derkulies

derkulies Valued Member Member

What is best lighting and nutrients are needed to get this plant red? I dose flourish once a day, excel half dose twice weekly and floral pride (iron potassium) per water change for amount I replenish. Any other advice? Cuz mine is bright green ! Looks great but would love them to be red

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

It sounds like you have things covered. It does ok in low light, but a little better in medium lighting. Perhaps you don't have ludwigia repens. There are many varieties of ludwigia and they are often mislabeled. Do you have a photo you could post.

I have ludwigia repens and the true "red" ludwigia varieties. The repens should always have a little bit of pinkish tones. It is green when it is a fresh sprout but as it gets taller it gets the pink/red tones.

3. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

Got a pic?

4. OP
    OP
    derkulies

That's the best I can do till morning but I can see red under the new leaves I have more than that one stock and I put a seachem gravel tab under them for when they root

Btw Dolfan I got a 5.5g tank I'm going to make specifically shrimp thank you so much for that thread I feel like I'll have a great start with cherry red shrimp. I was gonna try about ten and see where it goes

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  5. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Your photo looks like a new plant, so maybe it just needs time to color up some.

6. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

Did you mean excel once a day and flourish in half doses twice weekly?

7. OP
    OP
    derkulies

Yeah sorry I get those two mixed around. But I dose carbon once a day and micro nutrients half dose twice weekly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice