Question LPH-45 pump, Looking for thoughts on it

love-my-fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello everyone,
I have a chance to pick up a Linear piston pump LPH-45 for about $180.00 Canadian dollars. . (Comes with 2 12 outlet manifolds and flex tubing to hook it all up)

Looking for some comments on the following:
1. Any experiences on this pump? Good/Bad and other thoughts about it!!! ?

2. Do you think this is a good price for one that has been used lightly for less then a year...... To buy them from Jehmco they are about $230.00 plus you don't get the manifolds or tubing and i have to pay for shipping to canada for about 35-40 bucks, Also have to pay the exchange rate on our dollar.
http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph45.html

3. How quiet is the pump for real?

4. Any other pump recommendations?
Thanks everyone

Totally appreciate all comments and feedback.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have an ALITA, a linear piston pump, and would not use in my home....it is a large pump and would more than take care of all my tanks. I use it occasionally for my Koi pond in extreme heat waves.
I am not real familiar with smaller models or pumps. The smaller models can be made quieter by setting them on towels or sponges. Most airpumps seem to have that hum or buzzing sound....they need to be isolated on some sound proofing.

love-my-fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
thanks for the tips Tedstank,,,,, Well if i do get this and find it's to big then i will hold on to it and use it for a pond that i would also like down the road....
I Think soundproofing will definitely come in order because the fishroom i'm going to build is right below the bedroom.... :)
thank-you
sheldon

love-my-fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks like i'm going to buy that lph-45 after all.... Great deal from Jehmco though. I did get a quote from them with shipping to Ontario, Canada for about 265.00 and then a bit for exchange differences in the dollar of course.. So i'm thinking that the price of 180,, and it comes with two manifolds as well a 65.00 value, is a good deal. Will let anyone else interested down the road how it works out when i put it into operation... :)

Thanks for weighing in for those who did through PM's and posting here...
Cheers and enjoy your fishie endeavours !!!!!!
sheldon

love-my-fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awesome pump

Well the pump is fantastic... very very powerful and very quiet.. i was sooo surprised......the only noise is the bubbles in the tank.... just wanted to let everyone know in case there is interest in a fishroom pump and your underneath a bedroom.....

Cheers!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom