Low-light, Easy Plants

1. BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBetta Valued Member Member

Hello!:)
    I have a 10 gallon betta tank and am looking to buy some more plants that can grow well in sand substrate with a Finnex Stingray light and a once weekly dose of Nicolg Thrive. I would like to avoid any Pennywort or Java Fern, as I haven't had luck with these in the past.
    Let me know if you have any plants for sale!
    Thanks!:)

2. tocandesu

tocandesu Well Known Member Member

You could try anubias. You can't plant them unfortunately. You'll have to tie them down to decorations.

3. OP
    OP
    BlissfulBetta

Thanks! I have some Anubias, I love it! It's the plant that has done best in my tank so far. :)

4. tocandesu

tocandesu Well Known Member Member

That's good to hear. Maybe you could get more :p How is the water lettuce?

5. OP
    OP
    BlissfulBetta

I'd love to get more! The water lettuce was doing very well, but I went on vacation and forgot to ask the person who fed my fish to turn the aquarium light on, so I lost most of it and am looking to buy more!:)

6. stella1979

stella1979 Fishlore VIP Member

I picked up some snail free Water Wisteria in a tube from Petco. It was in ok condition when I got it but was kind of thin and sad looking. I find it quite pretty now and it grows like a weed under my DIY light with 6500K CFL's. I use Thrive and have sand as well. :) Here's before and after pics, taken only two weeks apart. It's been about a month now and I have a wisteria bush in my tank!:) I think just the shipping would cost more than picking some up at a big box store.

20170604_191459.jpg Wisteria and Aunubias.jpg

7. OP
    OP
    BlissfulBetta

Wow! That is stunning and the growth is amazing! I will definetly be picking up some of that from Petco! :D