Loving our tank!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Wolfhope, Apr 12, 2010.

1. WolfhopeNew MemberMember

Well we are doing good with our tank! nice and clear and pretty!! fish are doing great, there colors look even better then when we got them. Hopefully that's a good thing. We are really enjoying have a tank. We are enjoying it that much that my mother in law informed my husband today that we can have there 55gal tank and everything they have for it!! So we are gonna go from 15 gal to 55! So a small tank didnt last very long :) :p:;fb:;fg:;fr:;f

2. JJCNew MemberMember

Cool! I love my fish too!

And yea the colour improvment is usually a good thing. Fish change colour with the moods... i wish i could! lol

Whats your plans for the 55g?
    JJ

3. OP
    OP
    W

WolfhopeNew MemberMember

That would be pretty cool to change color with my mood!
    We are not sure what we are gonna do yet with the 55gal. For a small moment we though go salt water. But i think we are gonna just stay fresh water seeings how we already have fresh water fish and they have a few as well. Plus i dont know if i can handle a salt water tank. They are beautiful though. We are gonna (at this point) keep the decor that we have now and maybe use some of there stuff as well. And poss. put some live plants in as well. We are gonna kinda play with it a little see what we like and what we want to change.

4. OP
    OP
    W

WolfhopeNew MemberMember

any ideas or suggestions for the 55gal?? we dont have to worry bout a filter system or vac or anything along those lines. We are getting everything they have for it. So its just doing the decor. This is also not a brand new tank for them. They have had it up for about 3 years now.

5. Jrobber

JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Maybe decide on what breeds of fish you are going to keep, them you could aquascape according to their natural environment.

You should look through the members tanks and photo forums to get ideas too, if you haven't already. And be sure to update us with some photos of your own.

Welcome to Fishlore!

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Congratulations on the success of your 15g and your "soon-to-be" new 55g!

In regards to suggestions, I have a 55g tropical community, several 55g NW cichlid tanks, 55g goldfish tanks, a 55g semi-aggressive tank, and I've done a 55g african cichlid tank which is now a 75g. Jack Dempsey's do great in 55g tanks.

There are so many options to choose from! The best advice I can offer would be to read profiles of several different species, see what you like the most, and stock around that.

Hope this helps.

7. OP
    OP
    W

WolfhopeNew MemberMember

So tomorrow i am going to pick up our 55 gallon tank, i have a few questions.

first, there are still 7 fish in this tank. what is the best way to transport them for 3.5 to 4 hours?

second, we plan on setting up the new tank in the same location as our current tank. Which means we have to move our current tank to a different location till the new tank is set up and functioning properly. what is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice