Lovefish Treatment

1. Shanice.Naomi

Shanice.Naomi New Member Member

My catfish has a slit in his tail, I don't know if it's fin rot or he's hurt himself as he's very active and clumsy. I've had a problem with a few of my guppies who had fin rot and recently one of my guppy female has got it and I think she's on the way out :( I hate when a fish dies, but yeah so I put in "lovefish anti bacteria and fungus - treats fin and mouth rot, cotton wool disease and external bacteria"
    I followed the instructions etc etc
    But now my fish are very chilled, they normally swimming everywhere and that but I can tell they are very chilled out. I've been told maybe they are sedated and they will go back to normal but I just wanna see other people's opinion on this. This is the first time I've used this treatment.
    If this helps I have 64liter tank, 4 adult guppies, 2 baby guppies, 3 silver sharks, 4 mollies, a pleco and a beautiful catfish.
    I will add a picture of my catfish slit in his tail. No other fish has this apart from my ill female guppy

aae1a20422afcf0f38cbe00c53879a76.jpg

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. kuhlkid

kuhlkid Valued Member Member

Could you tell us what kind of catfish, and what kind of pleco? Unfortunately, your tank is definitely overstocked. Tell us a little more about your fish and your setup, and maybe we can help get things straightened out for your fish!

4. OP
    OP
    Shanice.Naomi

Hi. I don't know what catfish he is and my pleco is a common sucker mouth. What do you mean over stocked? How many fish can I have in there?
    Also my catfish tail is all better think he just hurt it and all the fish are back to there normal selfs :)

5. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Glad it worked out for you. In the future, I have heard some, um... not very good things about the Love Fish products. I would invest in the eSHa line if you can.

6. OP
    OP
    Shanice.Naomi

Thanks :) and yeah I'll give that a try. This website has really helped me out on getting other people's advice on things :)

7. kuhlkid

kuhlkid Valued Member Member

The common pleco grows up to 2ft in length, and is producing waste for a fish that will grow to that size. Even the smallest plecos, maxing out at 4-6 inches, need over 100 litres (30 gallons for a BN pleco) to live comfortably. Catfish are also almost always pond fish--some will do alright in 40 gallons and up, but the only cats who might do alright in a tank your size are cories, and even that could be pushing it. By silver shark, do you mean the bala shark? These fish also grow over a foot, and need tanks in the hundreds of gallons to live in a shoal, which is the way to keep them comfortably. I'd highly recommend creating a new stocking thread, so that more of the folks here on Fishlore can suggest the different, exciting stocking plans that would work well in your tank! :)