Love my guppies!

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by guppygrl, Dec 14, 2012.

1. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

I'm fairly new but wanted to share a picture of one of my survived pretty guppies. She is half black with such a pretty shaped tail. I hope she grows large.

I currently have no male guppies to mate with her but I do have some young fry that just started showing some nice colours to mate with her.

Attached Files:

2. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

Aww she IS very pretty! Also, is she in with these young males your talking about? Because she looks a bit stout to me. If the boys are already showing color than they are mature for mating. I found this out the hard way this month, my 3-4 month old fry well I guess I should say young ladies...ALLLLL are having babies. And they look a LOT like your girl.

Her tail does have an unusually fanned appearance to it. I want her!...lol..

3. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Guppies are born ready... Just saying :D

4. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

I'll send you some fry. Lol I bought this girl and she already had a gravid spot. The fry in the tank with her were born around Halloween or just before. They may have tried to mate but I'm pretty sure another male at the shop already did the deed.

I had such a hard time with guppies. I had many die. I only have two girls left that I bought and 7-8 older fry and around 10 from a batch a couple weeks ago. All the moms died. :(

What kind of guppies do you have? I think her tail is a fantail but it looks different from what I've seen too. :)

5. tunastrack

lol Nut you are so right!!

I have all regular fancy guppy females. I had many more but sadly I lost a lot of my girls during treatment of Camallanus Worms. (I HATE those things!!)...My boys are nuts too with the exception of my baby Romeo, he is a Orange Tuxedo, I also have an endler hybrid who I think got one of my girls good because I have quite a few male fry from her 2nd drop that look like Endlers. They are beautiful! I am actually planning to take some pictures of the soon to show them off now that they are fully colored. Only one of my males is a fan tail, he is beautiful as well. Oh I have a cobra guppy. lol...I am a big guppy freak.

They always have a gravid spot. It just grows larger when they are expecting as well as their tummys become more rounded. She is def pregnant in my opinion. Prob not due for another couple of weeks tho.

Can we see pictures of the boys?? Oh and if the boys have their "parts" then they can mate, just soem fyi...

6. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

I tried to take some pics of the boys but they move too quick. I'll try again tomorrow at feeding time.

I've always loved guppies. I like my swords and Molly too... but they aren't as awesome as guppies to me.

Cobra's are so nice. I had a few cobras too but they didn't survive the transition to my tank.

I'll try to get a pic of one of my newer fry... think it's a male and has a very interesting pattern on his tail.

7. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

My old LFS had poor quality guppies and the females died all the time just before/during birth.

8. tunastrack

Yeah, sadly guppys have been over breed so badly that they do not have the same hardiness as they used to. I have so far been pretty blessed with the health of mine. Obviously..lol..I mean I do have 3 tanks FULL of them!...I can always ship ya some of my beauties...lol..

9. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

You must live near me lol .... same problem for Me. :) I found another fish store a little further from me but their fish are much better.

10. C

Can I show pictures of my very attractive Endlers ladies? :D

11. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

For sure... let's see!

12. C

Here we go!

13. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Great pics! They have such unique coloring. I want one!

Lots of babies!

In the bottom pics... what kind of plants are those?

14. C

Guppy Grass

15. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Lucky... I can't find that here... all I can use is hornwort. Love the guppy grass.

16. C

Gosh, I give tons of it away for free all the time. That picture is of my 55 gallon Endlers tank :D

17. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

It's a really nice tank!

Wish you lived close by... I'd buy some. Looks perfect for fry to hide in.

18. C

It is!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice