Love My Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirsty Knox

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all. I'm 36 from Scotland. Have only started fish keeping within the past year. I started with a beginner 12L cold water tank but have upgraded to a 25/30L Tropical. I have a lovely variety of both cold and Tropical fish. I am growing to be quite an enthusiast hence joining this forum. I look forward to speaking to other fellow fish keepers. No doubt you may be hearing aloof from me....been told I like to ask questions!!

Oh, can anyone help me with being able to edit my profile details please. Can't find how t do it. TIA

MaddieTaylah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome!

In order to edit your personal details, you have to click on your name at the top of the site which will bring down a list of things and you have to click on personal details, and after that you should be able to edit your personal details.

OP
Kirsty Knox

Kirsty Knox

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You're welcome.

I just looked at your profile details by the way and it says you aren't aware of the nitrogen cycle. You need to know about this in order to be successful with your aquarium so I strongly recommend you read up about it.
I knew how to do water changes and why but not really read into it. Thanks again for the advice. I also have a test kit.

OP
Kirsty Knox

Kirsty Knox

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everyone. Hmmm, can any of you tell me what's going on if a fish is very near the surface and not doing much but looks gasping for air?? I think it's on the way possibly? TIA

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What kind of fish and is there a filter. Gasping 90%of the means he's not getting enough oxygen or there is something worse off. That is defiantly something to jump on, it does not take long for lack of oxygen to kill fish.

OP
Kirsty Knox

Kirsty Knox

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was going to get a bubbler but I was told that they are quite noisy so didn't end up bothering getting one. I recently got a new filter. It was fitted my the staff from the aquarium where I buy my fish and equipment. I will do a water change now. Thanks for your reply.

It is a white fantail. I recently got a new filter suitable for my tank so could it be something to do with filter or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom