Love Criagslist new pleco (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcdj

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I am always looking for a deal ... as i am sure we all are ... I was checking out fish tanks on craigslist ... it had been a couple of weeks so i started at the bottom about7 days ago and worked my way up ... well i kept seeing a 55 gallon tank with wood stand in the same section of town i am in ... It was a because they were moving so the price kept slowly dropping so thursday they had dropped to $100 I dropped them an email told them i had $60 that i could spend ... they emailed me said i had to get it Saturday morning ... so it needs some TLC but i got it for $60 and they asked if i wanted the sucker fish other wise they were going to let him go in the pond so site unseen i said yes well he is 13"

I think it is an L021 but not 100%
385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh he's beautiful. Plecos are one of my favorite fish. Great size too. Looks good and healthy. Great job!

gcdj

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
funny thing about him being healthy he was in a wasted filled half full completely dirty 55 gallon that they had forgot about .... i hope he stays health now that he is in a clean 125

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dirty is what they love. There was probably loads of algae in there for him to eat. I have a big pleco that goes out in my pond in the summer and he keep the algae growth down in it. So they unknowingly where doing just what he loves.

gcdj

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
he ate like 6 algae discs today .... what a tasty treat for him

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats on the new tank and Pleco. He's beautiful!

Try feeding him a slice of fresh zucchini. Just rinse it, slice it, weight it down and place it in the tank. It may take a while for him to find it but once he does, he'll love it. My Common Pleco is in the same spot every morning waiting for his zucchini. If you feed him at night be sure to remove any uneaten portions in the morning. I feed mine in the morning and remove anything he hasn't eaten after 2 hours. It usually doesn't last that long though.

Best of luck!
Ken

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes I also feed mine zucchini and yellow squash every day. They love it. My big guy has gotten so used to me that I can reach in and pet him. They are very bony feeling.:-\

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is a very cool fish, I would love to have one, I just don't have room for a huge tank in my small house. Do you have a picture of your whole tank it looks pretty cool from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom