loud AquaClear 20 Help

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Heather M, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Heather M

Heather M Well Known Member Member

I just got the AquaClear 20 for my 10g betta tank. It seems to work well and the water is crystal clear, but it is horrendously noisy. I can hear it from all the way across my house when the house is quiet. It is extremely annoying. I was under the impression, from the reviews I've read, that it was very quiet. I've considered taking it back to Petco to see if they'll give me a refund. I called the company but I had to leave a message. I don't know if they'll call back. I checked the impeller and it seems to be fine as far as I can tell. This is all really irritating! Please help!!!:;fru

2. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

This is really weird. I have actually heard this from a couple customers at work also about the smaller Aquaclear's being loud. I currently have a Aquaclear 30 (or well it was called a aquaclear 150 when I bought it) and it's probably close to 6 years old and I've NEVER had a problem with it being loud at all, its in my room and I'm a light sleeper. But maybe think about returning that one and getting the aquaclear 30 it's made for 10 to 30 gal were I think the one you have is made for 5 to 20 or something along those lines. You can adjust it so it should be fine. But I would definatly return it.

3. OP
    OP
    Heather M

Heather M Well Known Member Member

I worry that the flow on the 30 might be a bit much for my betta, who tends to be a bit sickly. I was hoping improved water quality would help with this, which is why I bought the 20. Will petco accept a return on the filter even after it has been used?

4. m

michael68 Valued Member Member

They will return the filter used if you have the reciept and have only had it for under 30 days.I have had ac filters for years and the only time they have ever been noisy is if you have and airstone and bubbles are running up the intake tube!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice