Lotus plant question

StarGirl
I got this plant at my lfs and it is some type of Lotus. I forgot what it said. It was just cut stems. From what I have read it should have a bulb? Is this plant going to just die?
20210514_174628.jpg

AggressiveAquatics
The bulb isn’t needed. Both of mine came without a bulb and they are growing huge. Although mine are tiger lotus so a different type it shouldn’t affect it

Leilio
Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan'? Super easy plants and grow a ton.

TClare
That looks like a Nymphoides “Taiwan”. They grow very easily even from a broken off stem with just one leaf.

StarGirl
Leilio said:
Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan'? Super easy plants and grow a ton.
TClare said:
That looks like a Nymphoides “Taiwan”. They grow very easily even from a broken off stem with just one leaf.
My problem is Java moss dies in my water. I hope this one will grow. The only plant I have gotten to grow so far is Italian Vals.

Kribensis27
StarGirl said:
My problem is Java moss dies in my water. I hope this one will grow. The only plant I have gotten to grow so far is Italian Vals.
Don’t worry, I’ve got a similar issue, and Nymphaea and Nymphoides spp both tend to do incredibly well in my water. They’re some of the fastest growing plants I have.

TClare
I
StarGirl said:
I have not had much luck with java moss either, though many other plants do well for me, and that one should be easy. I have found mine sometimes gets holes in the older leaves, they probably need extra potassium. When I first got one of those a couple of leaves had broken off in transit and I stuck them in the substrate not really thinking they would survive, but they developed into new plants. That was in a tank with quite low lighting and no CO2,

Top Bottom