Lots of poop

lolagurl

Reaction score
My fish always seems to have a little dangly thing of poop. This is always happening to him, and the string gets really long. I know fish poo like that but I'm also pretty sure with in half an hour their able to get rid of it and its only a cm long, his string thingy gets up to like two inches. Also when he eats in the next few minutes his poo thing just got longer. So my question is...is his flaky food giving him the nutrition he needs or is he just pooping it all out? Also is this fish food maybe harder for him to break up or something? I don't know. Hes a dalmation mollie and I have had him for about 2 months.. any help would be much appreciated, I know its gross but I ahve to ask. :-[

OP
L

lolagurl

Reaction score
oh I feed it once a day. and a pinch of food

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmm, no idea. Maybe it's just the way his metabolism is? I don't know much about mollies, but if they eat bloodworms and brine shrimp, maybe try to feed him with flakes AND bloodworms and brine shrimp. I feed my fish with a variety of flakes, plus bloodworms and brine shrimp. For example, I will give them 1 kind of flakes today, another kind of flakes tomorrow, then bloodworms on the third day, then flakes again for 2 days, and then brine shrimp. And I repeat the feeding cycle again. I never see any feces hanging from my fish's bellies. When they defecate, the poop usually falls to the bottom of the tank fast.

OP
L

lolagurl

Reaction score
ok..the thing is he won't eat bloodworms or anything like that cuz I think theyre too big for their mouths..I tried it before..he just ended up sucking it but couldnt get it in. But thankyou it probably is his metabolism..ive just grown attatched to it so lol I don't want it to die

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What kind of bloodworms do you buy? I've seen large bloodworms. But I now buy HikarI frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. Hikari's frozen bloodworms are very small. Even my Neon Tetras can eat them easily. And Neon Tetras are much smaller than Mollies. Try Hikari's frozen bloodworms.

OP
L

lolagurl

Reaction score
alright...o I just borrowed my brothers bettas bloodworms..ok ill try that..so they're supposed to help with the digestion...orit just might help his comparred to the flakes

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL , I don't know if they're supposed to help with digestion. I suggested a more varied diet. A varied diet is always better than eating the same food over and over again. While I don't know if it will help, you can at least try it.

You wouldn't want to eat pizza, for example, every day ... would you? LOL

OP
L

lolagurl

Reaction score
o ok..yea it sI gross it takes away almost all the beauty from them :-X :-\

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online