LOTS of new pictures!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi all! ;D

Here are 18 (yes ... I know that's a lot, lol) pictures of my angelfish that I have raised myself (and am very proud of it!). They're about 4 months of age. There are also 2 pictures of the parents - one golden/pearly variety and the other blue blushing.

Carol, if you're reading this, I've transferred the babies to the 30 gallon tank already (just today). I was acclimatizing them for 2 hours and everything seems fine so far (hope I won't wake up tomorrow to find my babies sick!). The babies seem very happy in the bigger tank - they're swimming around like crazy trying to explore the new environment (nipping at everything that's inside). They also are interested in the parents, lol. BUT ... the parents are about to spawn, so they're a bit nervous. The dad will chase baby angels from time to time, but it's not like he's attacking them. He does that with neons during spawning as well. Once they've spawned I am sure he'll be calm. However, if he doesn't stop, I'll have to move them back to the 10G. I hope all will be well though.

OK, here are the pictures ;D (I'll have to post a couple of times as they all won't fit in one post.)

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful babies Isabella!!! Those veiltails are just gorgeous!! I'm sure they are enjoying the bigger tank and Dad will settle down once spawning is done. They(angel babies) are such curious things. Thanks so much for the pictures.
Carol

ecnaj143

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Isabella, how aggressive do angels get?? I've been looking to get some angels for my 30gallon, but my wife says that their way to agressive. So, now I have no idea which way to go. You angels look beautiful.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Isabelle those are beautiful fish. ....... I can't wait for mine to get big enough to pair off and mate.... I am sooooooooooooo jealous.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Carol, I am expecting the dad to settle down after the spawning as he's always this way and once the spawning is done he's doing well with other fish. It will be a surprise if he keeps chasing the babies.

Ecnaj143, it depends on how you look at it. If you have a mated pair of angels, they won't be aggressive toward each other. However, they may be aggressive toward other fish in the tank during spawning times. My angels for example, were raised from babies with neons in my tank, so the most they do to neons is chase them around a bit during spawning times. Other than that, they don't bother my neons and are peaceful toward them. However, if one's angels were not raised with small fish like neons, they may even eat the small fish when put together (as adults) with them in one tank. It really depends on one's particular case. I think a pair of angels would be fine with a few other fish that are not bigger than angels but bigger than neons, say 2-3" in size. This way angels wouldn't be able to eat this fish because it would be too large for them. But even beyond that, it's best to raise angels from babies with other fish, so this way they will get used to the fish and won't bother them, except, like I said, possibly during spawning times.

Fish_r_friends, the parents are about 4" tall (5" or more including finnage) and the babies range from 1-1.5" (2" including finnage) in height.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They are beautiful! When I first got a tank I wanted to get some angels but then I got some Danios and neons because they were easier to take care of as first fish. I'm thinking of getting some angels when I'm older.

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gwenz, if you're going to keep the angels with the small fish you have, buy the angels when they're still small - this way, they'll be growing up with the small fish and will most likely be peaceful with them and not bother them when they are adult.

Fish_r_friends, actually I was wrong. I tried to "measure" my adult angels with a ruler through tank glass, lol. Their bodies are about 3" tall, and it's the fins that are 2-3" long (the blue blushing angel's fins are 1.5-2" and the golden angel's fins are 3").

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to put them with the fish I already have, I'm guessing the tank's to small anyway. I was going to get another tank for them. I am only 15 and my mum won't let me have another tank until I'm older, so I'm guessing it will be a while before I will be getting angels. My lfs has angel that are about 1 1/2 inches (without fins). How big do they get?

When I go to my lfs I can't help watching them for a while. They are such beautiful fish. For the future how big a tank do they need?

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's OK Gwenz You'll get another tank when you're older - just a matter of time I understand that.

There are a lot of varieties of angels, like blue-blushing, gold, koi, zebra, veiltail, etc ... Some varieties may grow slightly larger than others. But I'd say all angelfish grow to between 3-4" in body size, plus fins (some have short and some have very long fins). Combined with finnage, total size of adult angels may be around 5-6".

When you're old enough and when your mom is OK with another tank, and if you want angels, I'd recommend at least a 30 gallon tank for them. That's because of their body size and finnage. Well, good luck

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh, Isabella they are so Beautiful. I hadn't seen them for a while but they are such darlings. I bet you are so glad you kept them.

It must be so exciting to watch them all grow up day after day.

Congratulations.

Rose

ncje

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing... as you know I am a big Angel fan these days . Incidently how old are those youngings? You breeding pair are way bigger than mine.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The baby angels range from 1-1.5" in body size + fins. Including finnage, they're around 2" tall Maybe some are even bigger than that now. How tall are your angels now Ncje? They should eventually reach a height of 4-6" (anywhere bewteen that).

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW! You have done a fantastic job! The parents are so gorgeous, and the babies are real cuties! Should should get a pretty penny for those beauties if you decided to sell them! ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom