Help Lots Of Baby Plecos. . .advice Please.

CJ1

Reaction score
15706791454463850512840341391136.jpg
Hello,
My name is Cindy, and I am a new member here. I have a male (dark) Brush nose pleco and Albino female BN. I have tons of babies! I have a good deal going with my local aquarium shop, as I trade babies for supplies, but they are getting bigger and need their own space, and the fish shop can only take so many at a time. Various sizes as there have been several broods. Everyone is healthy, and they seem to get along fine, but there are quite a few of them. I take good care of my tank as well, its a 30 gal. Any thoughts/advice on what I can do?

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can try local aquarium groups or online. Or just give them away for free like i do. Its too much hassle for me to sell unwanted fish.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I allowed mine to breed one time. The fry are 7 weeks old now. The female is now in a different tank. I had no idea that there would be about 50 eggs coming from my tiny female so was shocked at the number. The dad is that handsome fellow over there in my avatar. The female is a little bitty super red. The fry are in their own tank and the parents are in separate tanks now. I can't handle any more fry in the near future.

I do wish you luck in finding homes for your cute little guys. Once you get 50 posts here on the forum you can offer them up for sale here in the buy, sell or trade section :)

Top Bottom