Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello all,

I have know idea why they perished?

Noticed today that I was missing a couple of fish. Both Gouramis one blue and one gold. Because of the amount of rock in the tank it took me a while to find them. Removed them both and completed a 30% water change. I have been performing the 30% water changes weekly and have been adding prime to each bucket before pouring back into tank.
Checked water perameters and everything is perfect. Have been feeding good quality flakes and twice weekly have been feeding blood worms.
I have lost three gouramis now and only have one left and to me he is not looking at his best.
Just wondering if I am missing something here?
Do fish not float when they die?

Ken

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Some do some dont most that ive seen sink

If the info in your profile is correct i would say that your nitrates are a little too high

I'll let others throw in their hat on why it could be happening as i am not all that familiar with stocking and aggression issues on the smaller fish.

Best of luck!

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It could have been aggression issues. I'm not familiar with alot of you're stock but I don't think that you can keep multiple Gourmi's in a tank... However I'll wait for someone more experienced with your stock to answer.

WELCOME TO FISHLORE!

P.S. I have noticed that Betta's tend to sink when they die so maybe it's an anabactoid thing <shrug>

EDIT: 'd by a sneaky fat man... ironic

pepetj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It could also be a nasty virus that seems to affect gouramis. Complete batches of this fish has been lost (or sacrificed for the sake of other fish) due to this pathogen.

A tank your size with plenty of rocks and plants shouldn't be an issue for territorial fight, more so if the gouramis are still quite young.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom