Lost the last one

• Thread starter TheNinjaCoffee
  • Start date

TheNinjaCoffee

Hey all,

So after setting up my 10 gal tank in January and painfully learning about the nitrogen cycle and unfortunately losing quite a few fish, I kept 1 platy from the original batch and 3 more after finally getting cycled.

Well today I moved out of my dorm and I set them up in my grandmas car with a battery operated air pump and thought it was good. I left them in the tank with just enough water for them to swim a bit.

Unfortunately they didn't make it for the 4.5 hour drive and I'm not quite sure why, so it looks like I'll be starting over soon.

I'm going to try and do a planted tank again(I tried a few weeks back and everything died) and I'm not sure what I'm going do do for stocking.

I also have a 2.5 gal that I'm not sure what to do with either.

Any input would be appreciated and welcome thanks everyone for always being so helpful even when things go sour. Especially when things go sour.

cooneyms

Well Known
I'm sorry for your loss

When you move fish in the future, it's best to bag the fish like the store would, then put them in a cooler or a box to keep the bags still and dark (an insulated grocery bag that zips up could work). Especially for a ride that long, bagging the fish seperately would be smart to keep Ammonia down. Between the movement of the car, the air pump, and the reduced water volume that couldn't dilute their wastes, it was probably a very stressful move.

10 gallons is perfect for a betta, or 2 if you divide the tank.

Pea puffers are cute too!

Mystery snails are extremely entertaining and beautiful, and they'd tolerate moving back and forth much better than fish.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

TheNinjaCoffee

I was considering pea puffers for a while and actually planned on getting them once the platies were all gone but I've read their pretty delicate so I might hold off a little longer so I know I won't screw up with them.

Any ideas for the 2.5 gal?

I just assumed 4.5 hours with no aeration would kill them, and I did wrap the tank in a couple towels to keep it dark. But that's why I opted to keep them in the tank.

blakeugan

Well Known
TheNinjaCoffee said:
I was considering pea puffers for a while and actually planned on getting them once the platies were all gone but I've read their pretty delicate so I might hold off a little longer so I know I won't screw up with them.

Any ideas for the 2.5 gal?

I just assumed 4.5 hours with no aeration would kill them, and I did wrap the tank in a couple towels to keep it dark. But that's why I opted to keep them in the tank.
All you could do is some shrimp or maybe one betta.

Top Bottom