Lost my female ram :-(

capekate

I am crushed! My new female ram was acting very weak yesterday and I found her dead this morning. I felt that it was a chance on bringing her home on friday since the other three that were delivered to the store with her died before I bought them. But with every day and her swimming around just fine, I thought she had a chance... but shes gone and I feel so sad....
:'(

~ kate

Wolfgang8810

I'm sorry kate Gbrs are really sensitive and I cannot think that any pet store wold have water quality good enough for them.

Allie

Oh Kate I am so sorry.
I read they are hard to keep....I had 3 long fin variety & sold them. I was afraid I wasn't experienced enough for them at the time.

Tom

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I can either send my female over to you or if you have a strong male, you can send him here. lol
Tom

Drea

So sorry Kate, at least you gave her some love and attention, that would be lacking at the fish store. You did the best you could for her.

capekate

HI wolfgang... They are very sensitive. I also have to wonder about the supplier to the store as well. Last batch had ick and died at the shop. That was when I got three males over three months ago. Only one male remains. Hes gotten bigger and looks great. The reason I wanted a female companion for him. :-\ Now shes gone.. it was a tease for my male to see her for three days and now is looking around for her.

Hi Allie... Thanks... I have never seen the long fin variety before, must have been beautiful. Now that you are so experienced, maybe you will try to raise them again for your fish store?

HI Tom ... wish you wernt so far away... We would be able to breed them! My male is strong, large and healthy!

HI Drea... thanks... I did the best I could. :-\ I really thought she was going to make it.... I won't give up on getting more tho. Will just have to take a 3 hour round trip to get them.

In the meantime I stopped into Petsmart today and picked up two bunches of frill plants and have them floating on top of the water in the 55g. The rainbows love it! ;D Maybe the female that I believe is pregnant will find a safe place to lay her eggs. I couldnt find any duck weed. I also picked up 5 zebra danios for the 29 gallon tank.

~ kate

Tom

And my female has already bred with my male that just passed away, so she gave up on the eggs and the plecos got them.
Tom

voiceless_kat

Oh Kate, I am so sorry that you lost the female, I know how excited you were to get her! And you had spent that extra time acclimating her. It just isn't fair when those of us who "dote" on our fish, lose them for seemingly no reason.

Be sad, but continue enjoying your male, maybe he will have to remain a bachelor for awhile.

Sending hugs..

Val

Allie

Hi Allie... Thanks... I have never seen the long fin variety before, must have been beautiful. Now that you are so experienced, maybe you will try to raise them again for your fish store?
~ kate
Oh yeah we'll try to find both variety GBR...the long finned were fluke we came across during a trade with two of my female betta from Thailand. Makes me wish I kept everyone including my other female betta. lol So many fish....ah you know the rest, lol.

capekate

Oh Kate, I am so sorry that you lost the female, I know how excited you were to get her! And you had spent that extra time acclimating her. It just isn't fair when those of us who "dote" on our fish, lose them for seemingly no reason.

Be sad, but continue enjoying your male, maybe he will have to remain a bachelor for awhile.

Sending hugs..

Val
HI Val.. thanks for the 's. You did know how much I really wanted her. I'm just heartsick over it. Yes, my male is going to have to remain a bachelor for at least 3-4 weeks more. When I can save the extra money and gas money for the trip to get some more. But I will! ;D

~ kate

capekate

Oh yeah we'll try to find both variety GBR...the long finned were fluke we came across during a trade with two of my female betta from Thailand. Makes me wish I kept everyone including my other female betta. lol So many fish....ah you know the rest, lol.

.."yes I know the rest" lol... But you do have some gorgeous fish to be so proud of. Your doing a great job and I'm sure you will find those variety of GBRs again some day! ;D

~ kate

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SterSter
  • Question
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views