Lost my Betta this morning

BBgold

Hi guys. I'm still new to this forum so I don't really know if this is normal to post but I just lost my Betta buddy this morning and I'm taking it pretty hard and I wanted to know if anyone else has really struggled with the loss of their fish? My family makes me feel like it's not that important but he was my best friend and I feel like maybe this community might be able to empathize more? His name was Neptune and he was a blue and purple and almost 3 years old.

BigManAquatics

Well, you gave him a good, decently long life, so take comfort in that! Sorry to hear he passed, though.

TheAnglerAquarist

We all struggle with fish loss here, i am sure your betta had a great life and you should be proud of that. Sorry for your loss

BBgold

Well, you gave him a good, decently long life, so take comfort in that! Sorry to hear he passed, though.

He would've loved longer if I hadn't covered the filter with a sponge. I did it so it wouldn't pull him in as it pulls in water but he managed to squeeze between the sponge and the glass and he panicked. It's hard to give myself a break since it's my fault but I remind myself I did it to help and yes he was pretty old. He helped me through a lot and I really hope there's a fishy heaven because he deserves an eternity if happiness. Thank you ☺️☺️

LHAquatics

He would've loved longer if I hadn't covered the filter with a sponge. I did it so it wouldn't pull him in as it pulls in water but he managed to squeeze between the sponge and the glass and he panicked. It's hard to give myself a break since it's my fault but I remind myself I did it to help and yes he was pretty old. He helped me through a lot and I really hope there's a fishy heaven because he deserves an eternity if happiness. Thank you ☺☺
My betta also died because of me. Our fish depend on us so much and knowing they died because of us can be the worst thing about fish keeping. You gave Neptune a nice happy home. Every fish, human, animal, and bug will die in the end. That is just how life is. Your betta's destiny was to pass away now and you can't change destiny. Hopefully I made you feel better. I am sorry for your loss

Ouse

I’ve had some difficult fish deaths in the past. I’ve even had to euthanise ill fish before.

Shrimpgeek

:'( I lost my betta Papaya early this year. He was a very iridescent cellophane. I loved him so much!!!

Tleilaxu

I found this thread via an unrelated search, and had to register to reply as there were no replies at the time...

It is always sad to lose a fish and I empathise. The first Betta I lost (dropsy) I buried at a beauty spot and had a moment. I was 24...

I wanted to say that your feelings are valid (as they always are). It is upsetting. Try not to take your family’s views to heart - they may not understand, and that’s fine... but you are not wrong to feel upset!

Hugs! ❤

Tetraman124

It’s ok man he’s in a better place

Bettaholic

I'm so sorry, BBgold. You loved your little betta buddy and that's all every fish wants. He was fortunate to have had you in his life.

Idkitsathrowaway

All fish have to pass on, dont be to hard on yourself, you didnt know. no one can help that. Gust be happy that you cared enuff to give him the opportunity to live so long.

isabeldiwata

I’m so sorry for your loss. My betta Sterling passed away at 3 years as well and it was such an emotional loss - he went through college with me. I know Neptune and Sterling are swimming in that big rice paddy in the sky ❤️

alven

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss. If he was going to turn 3, that means you've been an amazing keeper to him.

Rose of Sharon

So sorry for your loss. I lost all 3 of mine in a matter of 2 months to fish tb before Christmas. I had to euthanize all 3 of them! So hard!!!!

So sorry you are going through this!!!

Swim in peace, Neptune! And say hi to Sunny, Gracie, and Mercy when you see them!!!!

BBgold

So sorry for your loss. I lost all 3 of mine in a matter of 2 months to fish tb before Christmas. I had to euthanize all 3 of them! So hard!!!!

So sorry you are going through this!!!

Swim in peace, Neptune! And say hi to Sunny, Gracie, and Mercy when you see them!!!!

Awe I was devastated the first time I had to euthanize my fish. I am so sorry for your loss too, it's really heartbreaking and thank you so much, I'm sure Neptune, Sunny, Gracie and Mercy are all happy in fishy heaven☺️
Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss. If he was going to turn 3, that means you've been an amazing keeper to him.

Thank you, that means a lot. I know Bettas average life in captivity is 2-5 so I didn't do a horrible job. He was my best friend and he deserved longer than 5 years because he was so amazing but I know he's happier now. Thank you
I’m so sorry for your loss. My betta Sterling passed away at 3 years as well and it was such an emotional loss - he went through college with me. I know Neptune and Sterling are swimming in that big rice paddy in the sky ❤️

Awww I'm sorry for your loss it's really hard to know I won't have him to help me through the tough times and celebrate the happy but it's helpful to think he'd be with me in spirit☺️ thank you
I’ve had some difficult fish deaths in the past. I’ve even had to euthanise ill fish before.

It's really hard:(( but seeing how many people understand helps, thank you
My betta also died because of me. Our fish depend on us so much and knowing they died because of us can be the worst thing about fish keeping. You gave Neptune a nice happy home. Every fish, human, animal, and bug will die in the end. That is just how life is. Your betta's destiny was to pass away now and you can't change destiny. Hopefully I made you feel better. I am sorry for your loss

Thank you ☺️ you definitely helped:) It's amazing how many people care and I'm so glad I'm not alone in feeling upset over a pet fish.
:'( I lost my betta Papaya early this year. He was a very iridescent cellophane. I loved him so much!!!

I'm so sorry it is really hard but they're probably both in fishy heaven having a blast with my sweet Neppy☺️ thank you
I found this thread via an unrelated search, and had to register to reply as there were no replies at the time...

It is always sad to lose a fish and I empathise. The first Betta I lost (dropsy) I buried at a beauty spot and had a moment. I was 24...

I wanted to say that your feelings are valid (as they always are). It is upsetting. Try not to take your family’s views to heart - they may not understand, and that’s fine... but you are not wrong to feel upset!

Hugs! ❤

Thank you so much, it is hard being surrounded by a family who doesn't understand but the people on here are very helpful and I appreciate that☺️❤️

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GuppyGal7
Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
Replies
Views
johnbirg
Replies
Views