Lost Frag Help

Kyle.

bcb982738456fcf7f12ab40acfd1f38c.png

So, I received a bunch of coral frags and apparently lost the hard coral that is above the trumpet coral in the live rocks. It sat there for about twelve days before I found it and placed it back on the live rock. Any input on it it will survive or if it's a goner? I'm not sure what kind of coral it is either since it was donated by a friend and he didn't know what it was!

xxforeverfrostxx

I think it will be OK. Sooner or later, it will come back and attach back onto the live rock, good as new! ^^. I'm not sure what type it is, but I'll find out. And if I do, I'll tell you.

Kyle.

Awesome. I was hoping that it would come back, and I had read a few mixed things about it. Glad to hear you think it'll make it! I pulled it out from behind the rock and stuck it where you currently see it. Of course I found it the morning we left for vacation so I can't watch it thanks for trying to find out what kind it is. When I get home in 12 days I'll let you know how it's doing!

xxforeverfrostxx

Great! Can't wait to hear more!

Kyle.

Hi,

Home from vacation now and the neighbor didn't exactly do a spectacular job taking care of the tank while I was gone. Fixed it up and did a water change, so things are getting better, but she broke the light so it was out for four days until I returned home. Still don't see any growth from that frag hoping now that I've improved the water and got the light working again it might show some life

xxforeverfrostxx

Aww man.... that's really sad... I hope everything gets better ):. I am so sorry that happened..

Kyle.

It's gotten better. The skimmer was clogged so that was an easy fix and I think most of the corals were just mad that the lights were off. Once I replaced the transformer for the lights that she blew by getting wet.... they seem much happier. Everything has opened back up except my trumpet coral and that frag I asked about initially.

Kyle.

Does that frag look like green tip acropora to you? if so at least I have a piece of it that I know is alive and well

Kyle.

Hi,

Just figured I would check in and let you know that it is alive and well. Looks like Scripps Green Tip Acorapora to me

xxforeverfrostxx

Great to hear . And yes... it could be a green tip acropora, but I'm not so sure...

Kyle.

I'll post a picture of it when I get home so you can see

Latest threads

Top Bottom