Lost another fish :(

1. jlallard Member Member

I noticed today that I hadn't seen my favorite little platt, bumblebee. I moved my ship ornamant and found his skeleton. I freaked out and scooped him out but I'm so upset. I feel like I have the worst luck, I've lost two tetras a handful of platys and a cory cat. I took the ship out completely, it's the third time I've had it in my tank and all three times I've lost a fish :(

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. glo Member Member

Sorry about Bumblebee. Yes, sounds like that ship is a death-trap. Good job you took it out.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

3. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

aww im sorry you lost your favorite fish. i know what your going though <3 its a good think you noticed what caused it so it never happens again though

4. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Sorry you lost your favorite platty! Never is good finding a dead one in your tank. I understand I lost a couple of my favorite cichlids when I was in the hospital. Came home a few times to find one dead. Good thing you took that ship out, were they getting trapped within it?

5. jlallard Member Member

They shouldn't have been, they're platies and the holes in the ship are huge. Honestly they could probably fit 3 of them through one of the holes at once. I'm not sure what happened. Last I saw him he was perfectly fine, no signs of any illness and then I noticed I hadn't seen him in a few days, but I just put it off because I haven't been home a ton, but I checked just a while ago and there he was :( I don't plan on putting the ship back in ever! But I'm not sure what to do with it now.

6. WiFi Well Known Member Member

Yeah hard to say, maybe the current carried him into the ship too. Yeah I agree with keeping it out! Not too sure what you could use it for beside aquarium decor. Hope the tides of fishy luck change for you.

7. Kurty Member Member

Sorry about the loss it always sucks to lose a fishy friend but how long was he in there if all you found was a skeleton.

8. jlallard Member Member

The last time I saw him was 2 days ago. I've heard stories that fish will eat a dead fish in the tank, I'm wondering if that's what happend. His eyes and stomach and back find we're missing

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

9. Kurty Member Member

Yeah!Sounds like someone was having a party.

10. Parker Corso Initiate Member

remove the ship for good, just to be sure it isn't the cause. I'm sorry about your fish :( same thing has happened to me before. If more fish die even when the ship is out there is a problem. Look up all the fish and see if any are aggressive and maybe is just very territorial towards the ship and isn't a fan of visitors. It also could be the water, test the water a few times for the next week or weeks. If so you can do a water change etc. It sounds like a fish to me that is causing the problem, especially if it was just bones. Watch for signs of aggression. Good luck with your tank :)