Lost a new guppy mama today ... feel terrible 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Cyndi Warren, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Cyndi WarrenValued MemberMember

I am very "green around the gills" new and pretty emotional about my pets, including my new fish. I bought a pregnant guppy not knowing she was pregnant, nor how much stress, trouble, and work it is to be a new guppy breeder! So I decided to re-home the mama.

Having read that she can become pregnant again almost immediately, I decided to temporarily keep her in a smaller tank until it was time to take her in. I had her in a small cup, floating at the top of the new tank to adjust the temperature and water chemistry. While I was away (under an hour) she jumped out. I didn't make it home in time to save her.

It kills me to think of what she must have gone through ... ugh. And I am kicking myself for not covering her. I didn't even think of it.

Anyway, people have warned me that fish come and go. However, I am determined to learn enough to keep them all alive and happy for as long as possible. Thanks for being here.

Cyndi ><:>

2. Lilibeth_SeasongWell Known MemberMember

I'm so sorry for your loss! Don't feel too badly. We all make mistakes, but we learn as we go along. :;hug2

3. Cyndi WarrenValued MemberMember

Awww, thank you for your nice reply. :;thx

4. SalazarValued MemberMember

welcome to fish lore!

its okay, some times we make mistakes. i one killed a beta because i forgot to put the tank lid back on after i cleaned the tank. just try to push through it, don't be mad at yourself for a mistake, we are all human.

5. fishlover123456New MemberMember

welcome to fish lore, take it from me personally that all of us will make mistakes don't try to be superman just put this behind you and try again practice makes perfect