Lost A Gourami Today

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lost a Gourami today pretty suddenly, not sure what happened. Tank has been established for about 2 months. She didn't have any visible issues. She was always smaller than the other two Gouramis and wasn't a real good eater. I suspect she had something wrong from the start but who knows...One fish does chase the others around a bit but never saw any physical damage being done. I assume there will always be a more dominant one and they are all supposed to be female. She was a sunset thick-lipped gourami...now I have two left...was wondering is it going to be an issue to keep just the two together? Also wondering what everyone else has experienced with these fish, they are supposed to be fairly hardy I hear.

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sorry for your loss. Wow that’s a mystery. Unless do you think she died of old age? That’s the only reason I can think of

omaia

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What do you mean by 'a real good eater'? Like was she super picky with what she ate or did she just eat very slowly? I've had my fair share of bossy fish eating all the food, so maybe she starved (over time) due to the supposed dominant gourami chasing her away from the food. It could also be of old age, but that sounds kind of weird if the tank had only been up and running for a little while and she didn't show any signs of feeling off.

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
omaia said:
What do you mean by 'a real good eater'? Like was she super picky with what she ate or did she just eat very slowly? I've had my fair share of bossy fish eating all the food, so maybe she starved (over time) due to the supposed dominant gourami chasing her away from the food. It could also be of old age, but that sounds kind of weird if the tank had only been up and running for a little while and she didn't show any signs of feeling off.
She was eating but not as much and not as aggressively as the others. She was not old.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom