Lost 7 tetras when I was on vacation :(

wtusa1783

Reaction score
I just got back from a 5 day vacation. I have 6 tanks. One of which is a fry tank. I just got home and noticed that a few tetras were missing. I had 4 neons and 4 lemon tetras plus a few other very peaceful fish in my 20 gallon. I came home and saw some floating fish and skeletons. I realized that I was missing all of my lemon tetras and 3 of my neons. Never would have expected my tetras to die. I don’t think I lost a single other fish. This sucks as I’ve only been in the hobby for about 7 months and this tank was my first so it’s my most established. The neons were the first fish that I purchased.

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wtusa1783 said:
I just got back from a 5 day vacation. I have 6 tanks. One of which is a fry tank. I just got home and noticed that a few tetras were missing. I had 4 neons and 4 lemon tetras plus a few other very peaceful fish in my 20 gallon. I came home and saw some floating fish and skeletons. I realized that I was missing all of my lemon tetras and 3 of my neons. Never would have expected my tetras to die. I don’t think I lost a single other fish. This sucks as I’ve only been in the hobby for about 7 months and this tank was my first so it’s my most established. The neons were the first fish that I purchased.
Sad to hear that. Do u know what could have caused it? Did u have an auto feeder set up?

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Maybe you had a power cut or something. Its possible a heater malfunctioned. Neons can be sensitive to temperature change.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
SnookusFish said:
Maybe you had a power cut or something. Its possible a heater malfunctioned. Neons can be sensitive to temperature change.
But wouldn’t my other fish be affected?

SnookusFish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They could be hardier in terms of water temperature changes. I had a power cut during winter whn i was on holiday and lost 1 danio, all other fish were very lethargic but survived and a day after the beater was restarted they were back to normal.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
SnookusFish said:
They could be hardier in terms of water temperature changes. I had a power cut during winter whn i was on holiday and lost 1 danio, all other fish were very lethargic but survived and a day after the beater was restarted they were back to normal.
O ok. I guess I have no way of knowing then

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom