Lost 2 Danios...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by chadcf, Mar 15, 2019.

1. chadcfValued MemberMember

One of my danios began swimming at an upward angle recently, and looking bloated, been keeping an eye on him but today found him dead on the bottom (picture of the swimming attached). I've also somehow lost another one though I can't find the body, and didn't notice any of the rest of them acting weird. Two make me a little nervous...

I have had a few changes to the tank lately. First I switched filters, however I reused the same media from my old filter in the new one and parameters have been fine. Second I added CO2 to the tank. And third I added a powerhead to get the water moving a bit.

All other fish in the tank are acting normally. Maybe it's just a fluke? It's possible the one I can't find jumped out, there's a good sized gap in the lid now due to filter changes. However that one I've had for about 14 months now and I've never had one jump before even when I forget and leave the lid open overnight.

Attached Files:

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Sorry you lost your fish, bumping this up for you hope you get some responses today

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice