Loss of colour, loss of lip and red gills!

1. SmudgeLikeInk

SmudgeLikeInk Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay so i noticed one of my mickeymouse platys was sat on the bottom, up until this morning everything was fine seemed normal but all of a sudden ive noticed its changed in colour, water testing shows up fine, no other fish affected in tank, the mickey mouse has now been taken out and put into a 12 litre quarantine tank and being treated for finrot and bacterial infection (as its the only medicine i had readily to hand) okay so stats and pics below

240 litre (53 gallon) (62 US gallons)
    Ammonia - 0
    Nitrite - 0
    Nitrate - 20
    Ph - 7
    Temp - 24 celsius

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466284300.968307.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466284335.000583.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466284391.555433.jpg

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +8,567
    Have her gills always been red? It may just be her coloration that allows you to see the redness.

3. OP
    OP
    SmudgeLikeInk

Ratings:
    +0
    No, her body was a beautiful blue and never saw any redness previously, there is another 2 and i cannot see any redness with them, even when i tried catching her shes didnt even attempt to swim away

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +8,567
    That's weird. I'm sorry, I don't have an idea of what it could be :(

5. OP
    OP
    SmudgeLikeInk

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess keep treatment going and see if it effects them at all, hopefully i don't lose her