Loss And Recovery.

1. Carnation519 Member Member

First I want to thank everyone that helped me with my cichlid issue. Unfortunately he died last night. So now it's time to recover. In my 31.2g cube style tank I now have the following:
    1- jurapari cichlid (just leaned that's what it is)
    1- adult angel fish
    7- Cory cats (different types)

I would like to cycle my 29g tank (rectangle) with a 70g fluval sponge filter. Question is this. Can I put the cichlid and the Cory cats of same species (about 3 of them) into that tank and add something with a pop of color? What else could I add.

Question two is if I do this the 30 is now open to add to.
    The stock would be
    1-adult angel
    4-Cory cats.

What could I add? My son really likes the honey gourami and the blue gourami. He also like fish that school. So I need help with both the 29 and 30. Thank you.

2. Piggy50 Initiate Member

I believe that you can put cichlids and Cory cats together but they might have aggression with one another. I really like the little neon terra for schools of fish. There fun to watch.:D

3. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

What are the dimensions? Pretty sure that cichlid gets too big for your size tanks.

4. Carnation519 Member Member

The tank he's in now is 24x24x18. The 29 gallon is a standard rectangle. I have someone that is interested in taking him if I can't keep or get a bigger tank (which is not possible at this time)

5. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

the satanaperca jurupari can get up to 7 inches. Definitely not good for the size tank you have.

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed, it will grow too large for your tank.

7. Carnation519 Member Member

Thank you. Do you have any suggestions to my stocking for both tanks? I am planning on rejoining the cichlid just wish I could keep it b

Thank you. I wish I could upgrade but at this time I can't. I'll be refining him. Any stock ideas for my above tanks listed?

8. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

In the 30, what type of cories are they? Is that tank 36 by 12?

9. Carnation519 Member Member

The 30 is 24x24x18. The copies are panda and another type. I am planning on moving one type to the 29 and making up the proper school and keeping the pandas probably in the 30 and upping to have a proper school

This is the 30g tank.

Attached Files:

10. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Oops, my bad, I thought you had the 24 by 24 by 18 tank and some other 30g.
    What is the other type of cory?

11. Carnation519 Member Member

Panda and if you can make it out in the pic that is the other. Not sure of the name. The other tank is a standard 29g

Attached Files:

12. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

So you have three different types?
    What I can see is the panda and a C. trilineatus. Can you get a pic on the side for the larger cory in the picture on the right?

13. Carnation519 Member Member

I believe it's the same as the c.teilimeatus. I'll try it's hising

Thank goodness for reflections lol

Attached Files:

14. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

15. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

From that pic I'd go along with loxozonus, the others are C.panda & the other looks like C.trilineatus.