Losing loved ones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishyluv, Dec 17, 2012.

1. f

fishyluv Well Known Member Member

Hi everyone, i am normally one that doesn't talk alot about death and losing a loved one. I lost the best uncle a girl could ever have. He was truely more of a Dad to me since my own dad was never around. My uncle died friday, dec.14 2012. I also lost a brother the same day 23 yrs ago due to a horrific tractor trailer accident. Then all these small children and adults that lost their life on friday also. It is just too much. I am saddened so much right now. I cant even be at my uncle's funeral. He lived in va. I live in Ga. I couldn't make the trip and i am devastated. My uncle was a very good man. He was a hard worker and a very loving man. He lost his mom at age 4. He also had to quit school in the 4th grade to help on the farm. He was a farmer all his life. He had been very sick the past few mths and went to the dr on dec7 and was told he had throat cancer and lung cancer. The dr gave him 6 mths or less. It was 1 week. He was 86. I am so heartbroken. My heart feels really heavy. I loved my uncle truely. Thanks to the ones that took the time to read this.

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I'm extremely sorry for you loss.

Your Uncle sounds like a great man...he will always live on within your heart.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. OP
    OP
    f

Thank you so much AmazonPassion.

4. oscardude

oscardude Valued Member Member

Keep your chin up. Im sure he is very proud of you.

5. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

My sincerest sympathies and condolences go out to you at this time of loss. I feel your hurt and wish that there was some way to reach through the screen to send hugs.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

My best wishes to you

6. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss I've had a year of losses too so my heart goes out to you.

Try and focus on the happy memories you have of him and he will always be with you giving you love and keeping you safe.

He sounds like he was a great hardworking loving man and his memory will live on with you and everyone else who had the pleasure of knowing him.

Sending you a hug honey stay strong as he would want you to be

7. OP
    OP
    f

Thank you all. They are laying my uncle to rest today......... R.I.P Uncle James

8. Magoo

Sending you as many hugs as you want you don't have to be there to say goodbye and he knew you loved him. I had to miss my grandads funeral for reasons beyond my control.

Stay strong fishyluv you know where we are if you need us

9. OP
    OP
    f

Thank You Magoo. It helps knowing that yall are here and understand.

10. Magoo

Always :)

11. husky194

husky194 Valued Member Member

Sad Fishyluv... :(
    It sure sounds to me like your Uncle was a mountain of a man and would want you to only think of the happy times with him... and thank goodness he didn't suffer long! My husband is a respiratory therapist and said that those diseases are such a horrible death. We WILL all see each other again someday :) Take care my fish loving friend!

12. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

13. J

JoannaB Well Known Member Member

Wishing you and your family peace. You uncle really sounds like a wonderful man.

14. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy. May his memory live in your heart. Hugs.

15. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;group

I'm so sorry for your loss.

16. OP
    OP
    f

Thank You all for your support. It truely means the world to me. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice