Losing loved ones

fishyluv

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
HI everyone, I am normally one that doesn't talk a lot about death and losing a loved one. I lost the best uncle a girl could ever have. He was truely more of a Dad to me since my own dad was never around. My uncle died friday, dec.14 2012. I also lost a brother the same day 23 yrs ago due to a horrific tractor trailer accident. Then all these small children and adults that lost their life on friday also. It is just too much. I am saddened so much right now. I can't even be at my uncle's funeral. He lived in va. I live in Ga. I couldn't make the trip and I am devastated. My uncle was a very good man. He was a hard worker and a very loving man. He lost his mom at age 4. He also had to quit school in the 4th grade to help on the farm. He was a farmer all his life. He had been very sick the past few mths and went to the dr on dec7 and was told he had throat cancer and lung cancer. The dr gave him 6 mths or less. It was 1 week. He was 86. I am so heartbroken. My heart feels really heavy. I loved my uncle truely. Thanks to the ones that took the time to read this.

AmazonPassion

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm extremely sorry for you loss.

Your Uncle sounds like a great man...he will always live on within your heart.

Tonia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My sincerest sympathies and condolences go out to you at this time of loss. I feel your hurt and wish that there was some way to reach through the screen to send hugs.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

My best wishes to you

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss I've had a year of losses too so my heart goes out to you.

Try and focus on the happy memories you have of him and he will always be with you giving you love and keeping you safe.

He sounds like he was a great hardworking loving man and his memory will live on with you and everyone else who had the pleasure of knowing him.

Sending you a hug honey stay strong as he would want you to be

OP
F

fishyluv

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you all. They are laying my uncle to rest today......... R.I.P Uncle James

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sending you as many hugs as you want you don't have to be there to say goodbye and he knew you loved him. I had to miss my grandads funeral for reasons beyond my control.

Stay strong fishyluv you know where we are if you need us

OP
F

fishyluv

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Magoo said:
Sending you as many hugs as you want you don't have to be there to say goodbye and he knew you loved him. I had to miss my grandads funeral for reasons beyond my control.

Stay strong fishyluv you know where we are if you need us
Thank You Magoo. It helps knowing that yall are here and understand.

husky194

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sad Fishyluv...
It sure sounds to me like your Uncle was a mountain of a man and would want you to only think of the happy times with him... and thank goodness he didn't suffer long! My husband is a respiratory therapist and said that those diseases are such a horrible death. We WILL all see each other again someday :) Take care my fish loving friend!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

I'm so sorry for your loss.

OP
F

fishyluv

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank You all for your support. It truely means the world to me. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom