Los Angeles- Trusted Fish Suppliers? Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by GettinTanked, Jun 17, 2018.

?

How do you stock your tanks?

1. Chain stores

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. LFS

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Online/shipped from fish stores

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Online/shipped from individuals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Trades/purchases from individuals in-person

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

Hey Los Angeles area Fishloreans,
    Where do you get your fish?
    Looking for LFS recommendations or other sources nearby.
    I'd also be interested to know if there are any places you would suggest NOT purchasing fish from.
    Just haven't been able to get on board with the idea of someone mailing me my fish yet haha
    Appreciate any input!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Set up a quarantine tank for any new fish you buy. You can treat them in there if the need arises. Fish stores sell what they get from the hatcheries which are ofter filthy or carryiny internal parasites that you wouldn't notice sometimes until the fish dies. As far as getting fish in the mail, looked into that recently. Two fish that cost about $36.00 for both cosrs $69.00 to ship.

3. OP
    OP
    GettinTanked

You are exactly right.
    I definitely have a quarantine tank going. My last purchase is in it and just about ready to transfer, so I was looking for a source for my next buy. Just hoping for a more reputable source, as this one and her tankmate did come with parasites and had to be treated, which made the quarantine process so much longer.

4. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Sometimes thats the best you can do. I still wouldn't own neon tetras or dwarf gouramis if they were given to me. Their prone ti illness now. And if the dwarf gourami gets dwarf gourami disease. Euthanasia is the only treatment.

5. OP
    OP
    GettinTanked

Sadly true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice