Loopy Louie

1. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

My blue and white marble boy, Louie, scared the heck out of me this morning. I was turning on the lights and despite trying to "wake" the fish without startling them I apparently failed when it came time to turn on the lights near Louie's tank.

He suddenly streaked across the tank slamming into the end wall. Next thing I knew he was head down in a plastic plant in the corner, totally still. He didn't respond to anything. I went to grab a net. When I got back he had begun moving again.

After a few minutes of swimming slowly he followed my finger across the front of the tank as he usually does. I fed him half his normal breakfast and watched him closely for the next couple hours. He seemed fine when I left for work and is acting normally this evening.

Whew... what a scare! Do you guys think he could have knocked himself out for a bit or what?

2. callichma

callichma Well Known Member Member

Sure sounds like it. Glad he's OK.

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:eek: Scary! He must has knocked himself silly.

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Tigerlily. I'm so glad your Betta boy is ok. I know you must have been scared. I hope you're enjoying your book shelf tank! Loving mine! :)
    Ken

5. f

fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Oh, I know I'm not supposed to laugh and you must have been terrified for him but what a funniest home video moment!

6. OP
    OP
    Tigerlily

It is kind of funny now, since he seems to be okay... his new nickname is the title of the thread "Loopy Louie". :)

Yes, Ken, I am enjoying the bookshelf tank. I think Louie is too (well, except for that "knock-out" thing).

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, poor Louie, getting a fishy concussion first thing in the morning is NOT a good thing.:;smack

Glad he's okay, that would've scared me to death! He'll probably require a few extra bloodworms and maybe a new ornament to totally forgive you for this:giggle:

8. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Glad he's ok! They come up with the most amusing ways to scare us :/

9. OP
    OP
    Tigerlily

Talk about feeling helpless... my friend asked me, "What were you going to do? Give him mouth to mouth?" :)

Their bloodworms are soaking in garlic juice as I type.

10. f

fishtroy Well Known Member Member

What a great suggestion! LOL. :happy0064: Mouth to Betta CPR!

Don't those glass tank walls just creep up on ya Loopy Louie? :giggle:

11. Romad

Romad New Member Member

Guess they're just like us after a good whack to the head. Glad to hear he's ok.

LOL on the "Loopy" nickname. Maybe you can add "Lucky" to that :)

12. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Loopy Louie.......:shock:

Funny ( cool ) name, and he really earned it............:party0009: