LOOKS LIKE IM RETURNING

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

my best m8 is givin me a 5.2 gallon tank so iv decided 2 take it on lol if it goes well i'll b gettin my big tank down and possibly put it in the living room but what i was wonderin is how many fish will i b able 2 get in this smaller tank?? and i was also wonderin could the amount of chemicals i was puttin in2 my big tank b the reason why all my fish died off?? i was puttin quite alot of chemicals in once a week i was just wonderin it could hav been a reason of why they did all die

C W

2. Jason Well Known Member Member

YAY Go Craig! Go Craig! Yeah! ;)
    The chemicals may have had an effect. Most probably when you introduced the Yoyo losches they brought in whitespot which knocked off your whole tank. As for the 5.2 I say stock it with neons/cardinals and corys possibly guppies or if you really want a betta. I say you crank out your old tank again

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

o maybe you could put in some guppys no tetras J-Man as for them to be happy they would have to be overstocked and it would be best as the keep the tank understocked for Craig. So i am thinking at the moment no corys no tetras. If you want a challenge Graig you can try neons or cardinals but if i am correct i belive they are sensitive to water quality. I would go with some harlequin rasboras and some ghost shrimp or one betta or guppies right now i think thats about it but the rasboras should do fine as you see i have 3 in a 2.5 gallon and they arent in great conditions i would like to move them but my mom wont let me but they are fine the tank doesnt smell or anything crystal clear and the gravel is really clean so heres what i suggest

tank plan 1
    4 harlequin rasboras
    3 ghost shrimp
    tank plan 2
    3-4 male or female guppys
    3 ghost shrimp
    tank plan 3
    one male betta
    3 ghost shrimp
    1-2 male guppys

dont get a male and female guppys as they will mate though i am not sure on tank plan 2-3 better wait for some more advice and opinons

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

yes thanks 4 that, more advice is needed guys and girls u no what im like lol :D

C W

5. Craig Well Known Member Member

im really tempted 2 get the big tank out again but im actually scared lol incase things go wrong again i dont hav the confidence AAAAHHHHH i just dont know !!! lol ???

C W

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ya get the big tank out the key is to take it slow and easy get low light plants if you want live plants and get hardy fish so its hard for you to kill them and keep the tank understocked and overfiltered until your confindence gets back up

what happened that made you put the tank away

7. Craig Well Known Member Member

all my fish died off 1 by 1, NIGHTMARE

C W

8. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

o well you have to have perserverance

come on Craig try again

9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome back Craig!!! See, we told you it was just a matter of time before you got yourself another tank :) GOOD LUCK with it!

10. Craig Well Known Member Member

i hav 2 wait a few weeks 4 the 5.2 gallon tank my friends still has his suckerfish in it and hes waitin 4 algae 2 grow in his big tank 2 put it in so patience is needed but i mite get the big tank down and goin againl, i havent decided yet lol

C W

11. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

Do It Do It Do It

you have all the help you want for a low maintence and low tech and low cost tank here on fishlore. So why not Craig we can help you do everything with minmul costs and maintence and all you need are some hardy fish then you cant kill them

12. Jason Well Known Member Member

Come on Craig U can do it!
    ;)

Do it
    4.jpg

13. Craig Well Known Member Member

yes, yes i can lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J-Man ur sum laugh!!! i want 2 get a red tail shark 4 my 17gallon i love those fish

C W

14. Craig Well Known Member Member

the 17 gallon is down from the roof space so im startin work on it 2day

C W :D

15. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Craig,
    Your chances of success are actually greater with the bigger tank than the little one. The bigger the tank, the more water you have to work with. I would just put a betta in the smaller tank. I'm glad you're starting over! ;)

16. Craig Well Known Member Member

i got a proper stand 4 my 17 gallon 2day so i hav new gravel in it and i have already started to cycle it, i didnt put as much gravel i had in my last try as i thought less gravel would b better i think i had far 2 much in the 1st time round i am goin 2 consider puttin an air pump in this 1 with an air stone and i dont hav a clue what fish im puttin in yet ??? lol

C W

17. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

you might be able to put a rtbs in there depending your dimesnions of your tank but not that many other fish since its aggresive and its a small tank he would probably become territroyial

18. Craig Well Known Member Member

could i actually put a small turtle in2 my tank with tropical fish i saw sum 4 sale 2day ????

C W

19. Craig Well Known Member Member

i now know u cant do that stupid question really lol but help is now needed with what fish i put in2 my 17gallon i want different types this time round hardier fish and bigger 1s

C W

20. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ok well if you want bigger fish you cant have a lot of fish if you want that shark you might be able to get one what are the dimisions or your tank height lenght width