Looks Like I Have To Start A New Thread

1. i

iLikeFish0918 Valued Member Member

Hey guys, i hope you can help me and my black Molly.

Back in march he had cotton like tufts all over his body. they would sometimes go away and reappear.

On March 25th treated my 20 gall tank with the Primafix and Melafix combo. I did so for 2 weeks. I saw results. My molly was tuft free...for about a week.

As of this past weekend small white tufts are back. Some days there are more than others. I did a water change on Tuesday April 17th.

Parameters are as follows: 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 15-20 nitrate.

I have set up a 2.5 gall quarentine tank. He's in there now as of last night.

I dosed the tank with Primafix and Melafix since they seemed to sort of work last time.

As of today, his fins are no longer clamped. I think he feels a bit more relaxed being alone. The moment the spots reappeared my other Molly started to bully him.

Im thinking he never quite fully recovered last time. I want to try the Primafix and Melafix combo again along with Prime as a water conditioner and using Vitachem and Garlic Guard as well to sort of get him stronger. Maybe then he can return home.

What do you think?

Any other suggestions???

Any would help.

Also if you read my other thread "Help Me Help Them", listed within the last few threads, youll see a youtube video of what my fish looks like and some more info.

THANK YOU

2. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

These white tufts are probably velvet disease. Garlic Guard and Vitachem was a great idea! :)

1. Increase the water temp. to 82 - 86 F.
    2. Daily 25% W/C with Prime.
    3. You could medicate with copper sulfate. Only if you don't have inverts.

Good luck!