Looking To Plant My Aquariums

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Gq2212, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Gq2212

Gq2212Valued MemberMember

Hey everyone i need help getting some ideas on how to plant my aquariums and which plants to use?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the other fish tank and would like to know what plant can i tie to the decorations? Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dcutl002

dcutl002Well Known MemberMember

What size tank is that? How many watts is your bulb? What else is written on the bulb?

3. OP
    OP
    Gq2212

Hey thanks for replying one is a 40 breeder with a marineland natural daylight at 15w. I have to uprade to a bigger light fixture. The other is a 29g with a GE 6500k daylight at 20w.

4. dcutl002

You could get by with floating plants like Hornwort or Cabomba and save your money. Otherwise, you'll need a better light.

5. OP
    OP
    Gq2212

I have the money now, what lighting do you suggest? I was just using those lights because they came with the tanks. Thats the reason my 3 live plants i have in it aint doing too well now that im thinking about it

6. dcutl002

do you plan to use CO2?

7. dcutl002

8. OP
    OP
    Gq2212

I will have to read more about co2 and i like them lights will be putting in my order today. Thanks

9. dcutl002

With both stingrays, you'll have about 30 PAR at the substrate, you should be OK without CO2.

10. OP
    OP
    Gq2212

Ok thanks for letting me know and how about the 29 gallon should i get the same ?

11. dcutl002

If you can afford it...yes. It is about the same distance from the light to the substrate.

Here is a Finnex Planted plus on a new betta build. The light is about 3 years old.

12. OP
    OP
    Gq2212

That looks really nice. I will be putting in my orders thanks for your time

13. dcutl002

thanks man. This build is almost three weeks old. I am hoping that it will fill in nicely.

14. OP
    OP
    Gq2212

What kind of plants do you have?

15. dcutl002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice