Looking To Buy New Plants

1. P

Prodriver86 New Member Member

Any recommendations on places to buy plants I have bought from petco and pets mart but I don't like the gel kinda weird

2. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Buceplant.com and Han Aquatics I have used and highly recommend

Other popular sites include aquariumplants.com, aquabid, amazon, ebay

3. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

The plants in the gel are tissue culture plants. I use those for my tanks since I don't want any pests like snails or diseases to come into my tank due to plants. I haven't bought any plants elsewhere so I can't give any recommendations to you about online places.

4. OP
    OP
    P

Prodriver86 New Member Member

Really ebay has decent plants?

5. LA58

LA58 Valued Member Member

It is a good thing to QT new plants like fish. Never know if you will have hitch-hikers! Very diluted bleach will kill most pests. Be sure to rinse very well.

6. LA58

LA58 Valued Member Member

best_aqua_bargains on eBay has been very good to me.

7. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Depends on who you buy from, but yes.

8. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, you can also get them for a cheaper price

9. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

You can also get plants from members here opinion the buy/sell category. I've gotten from here, from aquabid, from aquariumplants.com, trins fish, Amazon, and aquatic arts personally. Was only disappointed once with a moss from Amazon (other mosses from Amazon were amazing)

10. DuaneV

DuaneV Well Known Member Member

I buy almost exclusively from Petco and Petsmart as they are the only "aquarium shops" within hours of my house. We have no traditional mom & pop fish shops left that I know of. The tissue cultures (the ones in gel) are great and that's what I buy most of the time. The only time I buy something else is when I'm buying banana plants and I will buy the small live ones. Wash well in bleach, rinse well and into the tank they go. Haven't ever had a hitch-hiker doing that, and have never had a plant die unless it was due to me doing something wrong. Even though they are big-box, chain stores, it's local, it's my only option, it supports jobs in my area and I can see the plants. I'd rather buy that way than through ebay.