Looking To Buy New Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Prodriver86, Apr 24, 2017.

1. P

Prodriver86 New Member Member

Any recommendations on places to buy plants I have bought from petco and pets mart but I don't like the gel kinda weird

2. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Buceplant.com and Han Aquatics I have used and highly recommend

Other popular sites include aquariumplants.com, aquabid, amazon, ebay

3. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

The plants in the gel are tissue culture plants. I use those for my tanks since I don't want any pests like snails or diseases to come into my tank due to plants. I haven't bought any plants elsewhere so I can't give any recommendations to you about online places.

4. OP
    OP
    P

Prodriver86 New Member Member

Really ebay has decent plants?

5. LA58

LA58 Valued Member Member

It is a good thing to QT new plants like fish. Never know if you will have hitch-hikers! Very diluted bleach will kill most pests. Be sure to rinse very well.

6. LA58

LA58 Valued Member Member

best_aqua_bargains on eBay has been very good to me.

7. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Depends on who you buy from, but yes.

8. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, you can also get them for a cheaper price

9. J

Jocelyn Adelman Fishlore VIP Member

You can also get plants from members here opinion the buy/sell category. I've gotten from here, from aquabid, from aquariumplants.com, trins fish, Amazon, and aquatic arts personally. Was only disappointed once with a moss from Amazon (other mosses from Amazon were amazing)

10. DuaneV

DuaneV Well Known Member Member

I buy almost exclusively from Petco and Petsmart as they are the only "aquarium shops" within hours of my house. We have no traditional mom & pop fish shops left that I know of. The tissue cultures (the ones in gel) are great and that's what I buy most of the time. The only time I buy something else is when I'm buying banana plants and I will buy the small live ones. Wash well in bleach, rinse well and into the tank they go. Haven't ever had a hitch-hiker doing that, and have never had a plant die unless it was due to me doing something wrong. Even though they are big-box, chain stores, it's local, it's my only option, it supports jobs in my area and I can see the plants. I'd rather buy that way than through ebay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice