looking to buy new heater

1. lynnie Initiate Member

hmm i was wondering what is your opinions on rean smartheaters

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi lynnie, I moved your question to a thread of it's own.
    The other thread was pretty old.
    You'll get more responses this way. :)

3. lynnie Initiate Member

thank you i havent got the hang of how to ask questions yet. everyone here is so nice:;perfect

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I don't know that heater. I have an Eheim from Petsmart that I've been happy with. A lot of people here rave about the Stealths.

5. Toddnbecka Member Member

I prefer Marineland stealth heaters. I've used at least 5 or 6 other brands, from Visi-therm to Hydor Theo, even a titanium heater with a remote thermostat. Aside from being more dependable in the long run, stealth heaters have a lifetime guarantee.

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I have stealths in almost every tank. The lifetime warranty can't be beat, they are shatter proof, they have an auto-off feature when not in the water, and they're totally black and do not stick out or draw attention. With a black background, they blend right in.

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Lynnie. I too like the stealth heaters. I have them in all of my tanks. I just recently upgraded to the Marineland Stealth Pro Heaters for my 265g tank.
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21323
    They have an indicator light that glows green when the temperature has been reached or surpassed and glows red when the heater is actually functioning. Very accurate to within 1 degree.
    The original Stealth heaters do not have indicator lights.
    Ken

8. GMCMaxx Member Member

I have been using the Rena Smartheater with my Rena Smartfilter for about 9 months. It looks good and the temperature stays pretty stable. Usually only fluxuates .5 degrees according to my digital thermometer.

9. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Isn't the smartheater supposed to fit inside the smartfilter or something like that?

10. GMCMaxx Member Member

You are sort of right. The heater replaces the intake tube of the filter. The water passes through the heater to get into the filter.

11. GMCMaxx Member Member

Here is a picture of it in my tank

301.jpg