Looking to add something to my bettas diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1Sticky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can bettas eat: krill, plankton and/or spirulina brine shrimp? Right now my betta has 6 different varieties of food. But I want one more so he can have something different every day of the week. And it would be easier for me to remember what food to feed him which day.

Or if anyone had another idea I'm open to it.

Right now he is getting (all frozen):
Beefheart
Bloodworms
Brine shrimp
Glass Worms (mosquito larvae)
Mysis Shrimp
Tubifex Worms

I tried Daphnia, but he doesn't like it. It is so small it's hard for him to find it.

Bettalover99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They can eat those yes, intact my betta is so picky he refuses to eat his pellets so therefor I have to cook for him . He loves cucumber cut up small. Your betta I yes a carnivore so they love meat but adding in a veggie once a week won't hurt him. You can also try boiling peeling a pea and mashing it my LFS said that he got a fly trap in his house and fed his bettas the flies . He said that now he goes outside and leaves an insect trap , his fish love the little things he catches like flies and misquitos but I'm not sure if you want to do that. Yes they do like plankton and krill but from my expieriances adding another vegtable will help bring out certain colours the meat can't . Good luck sounds like he's spoiled rotten may I ask why you chose the betta? Do you breed them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom