Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Musiclife

Hi everyone! Glad to be here and to be given the opportunity to learn from you all. We are newbies and started our fish tank with a few guppies and some snails. I'm sure we will need all the help we can get. Looking forward to lots of lessons.

babyfish

Welcome to fishlore! Don’t be afraid to ask questions we love to help!

Dennis57

Hi, and Welcome to Fishlore.

It says that you do not know about the nitrogen cycle, if that's true, please do yourself and your fish a favor and read up on it ASAP.

What size is the tank?

When you get a chance can you post some pictures?

Thanks

GuppyGal7

Welcome to Fishlore! Can't wait to get to know you.

Musiclife

Dennis57 said:

It says that you do not know about the nitrogen cycle, if that's true, please do yourself and your fish a favor and read up on it ASAP.

What size is the tank?

Thanks
Dennis57 said:

What size is the tank?

Thanks
I actually know a bit, but not an expert on it by any means. I know about getting the tank to be balanced, having a parameters to show 0.. etc. I do need to get more strips since the ones I had from an old tank years ago probably no longer works.

Here is a photo of our new tank. Actually, it belongs to my 9 year old son and he takes care of his fish, but I change the water. It is rather small, only 2.9 gallons. The fish store said it should work for 4 guppies, but I feel we need a bigger tank. My husband won't be too thrilled about it. He doesn't like pets to begin with...

Oh, we also have 2 baby fry in the breeding box... ‍♀
But we intend to give either the bigger fish or the fry away once we can get them a little bit bigger.

fallfever

Welcome to fishlore! Whatever the question, another tank is the answer

GuppyGal7

Musiclife said:
I actually know a bit, but not an expert on it by any means. I know about getting the tank to be balanced, having a parameters to show 0.. etc. I do need to get more strips since the ones I had from an old tank years ago probably no longer works.

Here is a photo of our new tank. Actually, it belongs to my 9 year old son and he takes care of his fish, but I change the water. It is rather small, only 2.9 gallons. The fish store said it should work for 4 guppies, but I feel we need a bigger tank. My husband won't be too thrilled about it. He doesn't like pets to begin with...

Oh, we also have 2 baby fry in the breeding box... ‍♀
But we intend to give either the bigger fish or the fry away once we can get them a little bit bigger.
Never trust a fish store when it comes to stocking. They will lie just to sell you something. Guppies need a bare minimum of 5 gallons, with 10 being ideal for a small group like 4. You also should not keep both genders because you're going to get fry. I suggest you buy a 10 gallon for your new guppy friends. 5 is the minimum for small fish like a betta. Anything below is too small for anything besides shrimp and snails. You could turn yours into a beautiful shrimp colony.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom