Looking for weather loaches in Tampa area

1. L

Loach New Member Member

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I am not certain where else to put it. If it's in the wrong place, please move to the correct forum.

I am located in the Tampa area. I was looking to get a group of five weather loaches.

I am unable to find any in the pet stores I visited. I tried ordering online. Three of the five arrived DOA, another died within a few hours, so I will not order online again.

Does anyone in the Tampa, FL area know where I could buy three or four weather loaches?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Where did you order them from?

3. OP
    OP
    L

Loach New Member Member

Live Aquaria.

4. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Hi and welcome to the forum . Imperial Tropicals is located in Lakeland ,Fla they are a big fish farm and you maybe able to go in person . There is also another big one in RiverView, Fla but I can't remember the name . Look up tropical fish farms in or near Tampa ,Fla. I think some would allow you to go pick up some . Welcome to the forum and glad you joined us... Alison:;hi1

5. OP
    OP
    L

Loach New Member Member

Thank you! I will have to check out both places when I get home.

6. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Your welcome. Keep us posted on how you make out...:;hi1 Alison

7. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

You could try trinsfish.com I know you don't want to order but I've had nothing but great experiences from them

8. cougars16

cougars16 Valued Member Member

I lived in weston Florida and the pet shops had a wide variety of fishes. They also had big loaches. Try going to Weston it is also close to many lakes and those lakes have many colorful fish mostly livebearers.

9. Tropicwolf

Tropicwolf Valued Member Member

I live right near Tampa, are you willing to drive a little? Petco and PetSmart have it.... but we also have a lfs, I'm pretty sure I saw some there too