Looking For - True Siamese Algae Eater - Crossocheilus Siamensis

Junne

Looking for
True Siamese Algae Eater - Crossocheilus siamensis

Any one have any suggestions for good online website that sell these? Some of the places I saw wanted $3.99 for the fish but $70.00 for shipping!

I live in Northern California and no one seems to stock these at the places I have checked. Unless I missed something. My favorite online store ( aquaticarts ) doesn't carry them either - Boooo

DarkOne

I found 3 mislabeled (Siamese Flying Fox) at a local Petsmart for $2.25. I've seen some at Petco as well. Most LFS should be able to order some for you.

goldface

Sorry can’t help you with online stores, but I think anywhere you go, shipping will be too pricey. However, I did get mine at Petco.

Junne

Thank you - none of the petsmarts/petco "know" what I am referring to when I tell them that I want the TRUE Siamese algae eater labeled as Crossocheilus siamensis.
They all want to sell me the Flying fox or Chinese algae eaters or something to that effect.....

DarkOne

You might have to visit a few different stores if you can. The employees usually don't know the difference between SAEs, CAEs or Flying Foxes so calling around usually doesn't work. I have over 10 Pet<whatever> within 10 miles of me and I found 1 PetCo and 2 Petsmart that have very good fish sections.

Dila415

I'm in Sacramento try around this way we have couple huge local fish stores around the area with a big selection of fish

Junne

You might have to visit a few different stores if you can. The employees usually don't know the difference between SAEs, CAEs or Flying Foxes so calling around usually doesn't work. I have over 10 Pet<whatever> within 10 miles of me and I found 1 PetCo and 2 Petsmart that have very good fish sections.

Thanks - I have a few stores which I have visited personally in the hopes but have not found any.

I'm in Sacramento try around this way we have couple huge local fish stores around the area with a big selection of fish

Hello! I've tried Randy's fish place and Carter's ( in Stockton ) and they do not carry them in stock and probably can order but again, its the thing about paying the really super high shipping - I was hoping to get some locally and wondered why no one has any ( are they that difficult to breed and or availability? )
I don't know of many places in SAC ( except maybe pet club ) that has fishes or rather LFS. Which do you go to?
I am often in the Elk Grove area so am familiar with most of that area.
Do you shop there or go to Roseville? I may have to go out of my way if and when I find any around here.

DarkOne

If you order from a LFS, they usually don't charge shipping. It comes in with their weekly/bi-weekly shipment.

Junne

If you order from a LFS, they usually don't charge shipping. It comes in with their weekly/bi-weekly shipment.

That's true IF they keep the stock on hand, which I have not found any stores that do, unfortunately.

Junne

Hey @fissh

Suggestions for a local fish enthusiasts?

Dila415

Thanks - I have a few stores which I have visited personally in the hopes but have not found any.

Hello! I've tried Randy's fish place and Carter's ( in Stockton ) and they do not carry them in stock and probably can order but again, its the thing about paying the really super high shipping - I was hoping to get some locally and wondered why no one has any ( are they that difficult to breed and or availability? )
I don't know of many places in SAC ( except maybe pet club ) that has fishes or rather LFS. Which do you go to?
I am often in the Elk Grove area so am familiar with most of that area.
Do you shop there or go to Roseville? I may have to go out of my way if and when I find any around here.
There's exotic aquarium in South sac there is one called aqua works (my fave) and there's this place in citrus heights is legit

Junne

There's exotic aquarium in South sac there is one called aqua works (my fave) and there's this place in citrus heights is legit

Awesome! I will call those places and see what they say!!! Thanks SO much!!!!

Dila415

Awesome! I will call those places and see what they say!!! Thanks SO much!!!!
Hope you find some keep us posted!!

Junne

Hope you find some keep us posted!!

I sent Exotic a PM through Facebook and they replied saying they HAVE both the true Siamese and the flying fox available. I have to call them because that's all they said and didn't indicate how many they had, etc. Since I live an hour away, I want to be sure they have it when I go - Thanks for the lead! I appreciate it! Wish me luck!

Dila415

I sent Exotic a PM through Facebook and they replied saying they HAVE both the true Siamese and the flying fox available. I have to call them because that's all they said and didn't indicate how many they had, etc. Since I live an hour away, I want to be sure they have it when I go - Thanks for the lead! I appreciate it! Wish me luck!
Awesome!! Good luck!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DioAquatics
Replies
Views
gschra11
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies