Looking For The BEST place to order fish online

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by AnthonyC4C, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

I am really skeptical about ordering fish...ESPECIALLY because of the stress and then of course reputable places I just do not know..BUT to get what you are looking for never seems to be available at your LPS...

I do not plan on ordering anything at this time, I am looking for your experiences and satisfaction BUT horror stories also does great in remembering where not to go...

Happy New Year!

2. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I order inverts, never fish, online from aquabid and eBay... my favorite seller is on aquabid though thewetspot. It is a pet store in Portland Oregon and I loved the snails they set me :) I am actually going to be buying some betta imbellis from them :)

Also happy new year to you as well ;)

3. klogue2Valued MemberMember

Just wanted to add that TheWetSpot has their own website too if you don't find what you're looking for on their aquabid :)

Found them while looking for a cichlid seller, and think I'll be ordering from them when the time comes. Great reviews, only bad one's I've seen were the ones in-store, where they say some of the employees are supposedly rude/misinformed (I can't say either way, that's what the reviews stated though. I've never been there before). Also some good prices :) I'm just not a big fan of their Live Arrival Guarantee; if I read it correctly, in order to get new fish (after receiving dead ones) you have to order again from them. I'm unsure if that means order other fish or just pay shipping again, but if it's the former, that seems kind of odd :( Although I'm known to be dense so take my words with a grain of salt lol.

4. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I've had great success ordering fish and inverts from aquabid, as well as from private breeders and sellers. Many of the sellers on aquabid have their own websites, including wetspot.

5. brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

You can also see if anyone is selling from the forum. Many time the true single hobbyist (as compared to large chains), will take better care in shipping.

6. pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

I agree AB is a great source and most of the larger sellers have websites and primarily positive reviews. The wet spot always seems to have great looking fish as well.

I also watch the BST forum here to see what members are selling, there are some like harupa who run a small business out of their home. Her fish are always of great quality at competitive prices.

7. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Thank you, seems all of you seem to agree on one place, and from reading around I see Harupa is referenced to purchasing quality products as well

8. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

I'll be at the wet spot Saturday. :p

9. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I've bought from Harpua, she is great! Good stock and she's wonderful to deal with. This is her website

10. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good afternoon,

I also highly recommend Harpua2002. I've always been more than pleased with my purchases from her.

Ken :)