55 Gallon Tank Looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Does anyone have any suggestions for stocking a 55 gallon? I want to have corys, and an angelfish in it, but other than that I'm at a loss for ideas. i would like to have some schooling fish as well as some other centerpieces. Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Yeoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Look at unusual tetras as your schoolers. Cardinal Tetras, Kerri (Purple Emperor) Tetras, Flame Ember Tetras etc... Or any of the Rasboras too. They are bright and active and make your tank very exciting!

AlanGreene

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi,

Some fish I like are:

Cory sterbai, Cardinal tetras, dwarf gourami, shrimp

freak78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Australian red rainbow fish would be nice. But their wild caught and are expensive if you can find them.

lizzj

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Harlequin rasboras are a nice, schooling fish. They are pretty and peaceful.

pkeeves

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have sterbai and albino corys, along with an angel. i also have boesemani rainbow fish and pearl gouramis theres some new ideas

EDIT: whoops i forgot my GBRs

freak78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Those boesemani rainbow's are a real colorful fish. You would like them butthey get up to 4 inches full grown.

pkeeves

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i know their full grown length, i was told that they will be fine in my tank, its 4ft long and has plenty of swimming space, so hopefully it goes well in the future

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I love the Kerri Tetras! I wish i could find them here! Any thoughts on red eye tetras? I got my angelfish the other day and he/she is pretty small (a little bit bigger than a quarter) . I would love to get a pair of GBRs is it better to wait for the angelfish to be bigger or will they be ok if they have enough hiding places?

Yeoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think Ken keeps the Kerri tetra. My LFS in Oz has them most of the time. If you get things when your angel is small they should get along a bit better, if you put them in with a mature angel that controls the tank, that will be trouble.

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That's what I had heard from researching angels. The GBRs won't be too aggressive to the angelfish if I add them now will they?

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I do not have them yet. So far there is an angel fish and 11 corys in the tank. I may be getting some red eyed tetras for that tank today, but they will be going into a quarantine tank if I do. Would it be better to get just one? I thought they had to be a pair, but I'm not trying to breed them.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd be more concerned with the angels being aggro to the gbrs, but most of the time the aggression pops up as the fish mature and try to pair off/breed.

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow those bosemani rainbows are beautiful! I

CoryCats

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They would be great to add some color to my tank. Right now almost all of my fish in there are black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 42 63.6%

Top Bottom