Looking for suggestions 55 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by CoryCats, Dec 6, 2012.

1. CoryCatsWell Known MemberMember

Does anyone have any suggestions for stocking a 55 gallon? I want to have corys, and an angelfish in it, but other than that I'm at a loss for ideas. i would like to have some schooling fish as well as some other centerpieces. Thanks so much for any suggestions!

2. EthanWell Known MemberMember

200 rcs mayhaps? :D

3. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Look at unusual tetras as your schoolers. Cardinal Tetras, Kerri (Purple Emperor) Tetras, Flame Ember Tetras etc... Or any of the Rasboras too. They are bright and active and make your tank very exciting!

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Hi,

Some fish I like are:

Cory sterbai, Cardinal tetras, dwarf gourami, shrimp

5. jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

Shiners :)

6. freak78Well Known MemberMember

Australian red rainbow fish would be nice. But their wild caught and are expensive if you can find them.

7. lizzjValued MemberMember

Harlequin rasboras are a nice, schooling fish. They are pretty and peaceful.

8. pkeevesValued MemberMember

i have sterbai and albino corys, along with an angel. i also have boesemani rainbow fish and pearl gouramis :) theres some new ideas

EDIT: whoops i forgot my GBRs

9. freak78Well Known MemberMember

Those boesemani rainbow's are a real colorful fish. You would like them butthey get up to 4 inches full grown.

10. pkeevesValued MemberMember

i know their full grown length, i was told that they will be fine in my tank, its 4ft long and has plenty of swimming space, so hopefully it goes well in the future

11. CoryCatsWell Known MemberMember

I love the Kerri Tetras! I wish i could find them here! Any thoughts on red eye tetras? I got my angelfish the other day and he/she is pretty small (a little bit bigger than a quarter) . I would love to get a pair of GBRs is it better to wait for the angelfish to be bigger or will they be ok if they have enough hiding places?

12. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

I think Ken keeps the Kerri tetra. My LFS in Oz has them most of the time. If you get things when your angel is small they should get along a bit better, if you put them in with a mature angel that controls the tank, that will be trouble.

13. CoryCatsWell Known MemberMember

That's what I had heard from researching angels. The GBRs won't be too aggressive to the angelfish if I add them now will they?

14. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Are they a breeding pair? If so they might. If it is 4ft with plants and logs/caves etc it should be OK. Just watch it for a few days

15. CoryCatsWell Known MemberMember

I do not have them yet. So far there is an angel fish and 11 corys in the tank. I may be getting some red eyed tetras for that tank today, but they will be going into a quarantine tank if I do. Would it be better to get just one? I thought they had to be a pair, but I'm not trying to breed them.

16. jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

I'd be more concerned with the angels being aggro to the gbrs, but most of the time the aggression pops up as the fish mature and try to pair off/breed.

17. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355365941.816126.jpg

18. CoryCatsWell Known MemberMember

Wow those bosemani rainbows are beautiful! I

19. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

NLS ;)

The little ones have a long ways to go to get that big

20. CoryCatsWell Known MemberMember

They would be great to add some color to my tank. Right now almost all of my fish in there are black and white :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice