Looking for specific tank dimensions

BottomDweller

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to upgrade my betta from his Fluval Spec V (which was never intended to be a permanent home) to something a little bigger. His new tank will have to fit on a shelf in my fish tank rack. The available space is 90cm (35") long and 40cm (16") deep. There is a 50cm (20") gap between his shelf and the one above so I am looking for a very shallow tank. The Fluval spec is 30cm tall and it is awkward to do maintenance on so any new tank would need to be 30cm or shallower. Other than that, I want his tank to be as big as possible.

I have looked into custom tanks but they are a bit pricey and I am on a tight budget. Also, most of the custom tanks I've seen don't come with lids. So far the only suitable tank I've seen is the Ciano tartarium 80 which has great dimensions (79x30x25cm) but does not come with a lid. Also, since it is technically a turtle tank, I'm not sure if it's safe to fully fill with water?

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good tank with roughly these dimensions or if anyone had any opinions on the tartarium?
Thank you!

WRWAquarium

I've got the ciano 80 and it has a lid but I think it would be too tall? as the tank itself has got to be 30cm high plus the lid on top. I haven't filled mine full as I have an axolotol in there but I don't see why you couldn't.

It wasnt a bad deal I got for whole tank with everything Included heater filter led light in lid..cant remember exact price but its good value aquarium.

Attachments

• IMG_20210321_162445.jpg
    IMG_20210321_162445.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0

BottomDweller

I've got the ciano 80 and it has a lid but I think it would be too tall? as the tank itself has got to be 30cm high plus the lid on top. I haven't filled mine full as I have an axolotol in there but I don't see why you couldn't.

It wasnt a bad deal I got for whole tank with everything Included heater filter led light in lid..cant remember exact price but its good value aquarium.
That looks like the Ciano Aqua 80 rather than the Ciano Tartarium 80. Good to know that Ciano is a good brand though!

Upvote 0

BottomDweller

Aqueon has a 15 gallon that might work.
The Aqueon tank looks great but it seems to be £170 on Amazon? Thanks so much for the suggestion though, I'll have a look and see if I can find any second hand

Upvote 0

Donthemon

They are $20. US dollars here at Petco...are you in the UK?

Upvote 0

BottomDweller

They are $20. US dollars here at Petco...are you in the UK?
Yeah, I'm in the UK

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
stephpartin
  • Question
Replies
Views
SurferGirl
Replies