Looking for some suggestions

1. HOWsMom Well Known Member Member

I'm upgrading my 30g to a 75g :eek:

I will move the current residents into the 75 - I have about 8 male guppies and 2 algae eater (SAE or CAE - I can never remember which is which !).

I've been eyeing something at the LFS called a "Bosemani Rainbow" but don't know much of anything about it yet.

No interest in angels.

I prefer smaller fish (in general) - mostly because they're so much cheaper.

Tank is planted, and has a paintball CO2 system that's running.
    Amazon sword, java moss, java fern, ludwiga and polysperma are what I have in it the 30g right now.

2. wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

CAE
    Read the information for the link above. These may not be fish you want to keep long term.

That said, what about a large school of harlequins, or neons? A large school of very small fish can look very impressive in a large aquarium.

3. fighter55 Member Member

Bosemani rainbows would be a good choice for a 75 g.

4. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

5. fighter55 Member Member

Yeah I like harleys a lot too.

6. HOWsMom Well Known Member Member

Okay - looking at the photos, what I was sold as SAE's are most definitely NOT SAE / flying foxes - they don't have any stripes like that at all :(

Ah well - I was looking at some of the smaller pleco's anyhow. My LFS carries bushynoses regularly, and a couple of others that I don't know too much about size-wise.

7. HOWsMom Well Known Member Member

I love the look of the harley's too :D They're very cool.

Is there info on the Bosemani rainbows around ?

8. fighter55 Member Member