Looking For Recommendations - 300g

LT Connell

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and I am looking for suggestions/recommendations to stock our 300g tank.

This is to be a Freshwater setup and we want larger community fish that will get along with the 3-6 Clown loaches that we plan on having in the tank.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
sry I have no suggestions but wanted to say gl and that's a huge tank!!!!!!!!

LT Connell

Reaction score
Fahn said:
Bala shark, leoprinus fasciatus, silver dollars, freshwater angelfish, tinfoil barbs, to name a few...

What are the dimensions of the tank?
The dimensions are 72 x 36 x 27.

phantom said:
sry I have no suggestions but wanted to say gl and that's a huge tank!!!!!!!!
Yes it is!!!! I've been told I'm crazy to make it Freshwater instead of Saltwater, but I just don't want the hassle of dealing with saltwater LOL. Besides, I'm broke after buying the tank!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
LT Connell said:
The dimensions are 72 x 36 x 27.
TexasDomer correct me if I'm wrong, but this footprint is too small for balas, leoprinus, and anything else over 12", no?

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
LT Connell said:
Yes it is!!!! I've been told I'm crazy to make it Freshwater instead of Saltwater, but I just don't want the hassle of dealing with saltwater LOL. Besides, I'm broke after buying the tank!
personally I would of done freshwater to

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
maybe you could do lots of geophagus (most are really pretty). They hang out usually towards the bottom, and then maybe an assortment of south American cichlids. Maybe a couple Severums? Or maybe even discus. Personally one day I'd love a huge tank full of one of those. So much color.

LT Connell

Reaction score
Should we do fewer large fish or more medium sized fish? That's the question we're struggling with.

Mike1995 said:
maybe you could do lots of geophagus (most are really pretty). They hang out usually towards the bottom, and then maybe an assortment of south American cichlids. Maybe a couple Severums? Or maybe even discus. Personally one day I'd love a huge tank full of one of those. So much color.
We also have hard alkaline water.

Attachments

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't know, I would say you could keep a small group of balas, and I think the Leporinus would be fine too - they're not super active, and they don't need big groups. This tank is pretty much as big as most people can get for home tanks. It sounds like a great tank!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom