Looking For Recommendations - 300g

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LT Connell, Apr 21, 2018.

1. LT ConnellNew MemberMember

Hello all, new to the forum and I am looking for suggestions/recommendations to stock our 300g tank.

This is to be a Freshwater setup and we want larger community fish that will get along with the 3-6 Clown loaches that we plan on having in the tank.

2. FahnFishlore VIPMember

3. phantomValued MemberMember

sry I have no suggestions but wanted to say gl and that's a huge tank!!!!!!!!

4. LT ConnellNew MemberMember

The dimensions are 72 x 36 x 27.

Yes it is!!!! I've been told I'm crazy to make it Freshwater instead of Saltwater, but I just don't want the hassle of dealing with saltwater LOL. Besides, I'm broke after buying the tank!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  5. FahnFishlore VIPMember

@TexasDomer correct me if I'm wrong, but this footprint is too small for balas, leoprinus, and anything else over 12", no?

6. phantomValued MemberMember

personally I would of done freshwater to :)

7. Mike1995Well Known MemberMember

maybe you could do lots of geophagus (most are really pretty). They hang out usually towards the bottom, and then maybe an assortment of south American cichlids. Maybe a couple Severums? Or maybe even discus. Personally one day I'd love a huge tank full of one of those. So much color.

8. LT ConnellNew MemberMember

Should we do fewer large fish or more medium sized fish? That's the question we're struggling with.

We also have hard alkaline water.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  9. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I don't know, I would say you could keep a small group of balas, and I think the Leporinus would be fine too - they're not super active, and they don't need big groups. This tank is pretty much as big as most people can get for home tanks. It sounds like a great tank!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice