Looking for Paretroplus menarambo!

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am looking for anyone here in the US that breeds Paretroplus menarambo....I would appreciate it if you would pm me any contact information. Thanks...

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I didn't realize those were extinct in the wild until I started researching them so I would know what you were looking for.
Will keep my eyes open.
carol

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am checking with someone who has had them in the past.
Not sure if he still has them.

I will let you know what I find out.

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me out here....you wouldn't believe it, but I found them on aquabid last week, and wanted to think on it overnight....the next morning they were gone.

I have decided I'd like to breed them, and will make my necessary arrangments to be ready the next time I find them...

outlaw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Any luck yet?

Between 1/2 and 3/4 (or there about) the way down is your Paretroplus menarambo which he says "pictured above: Paretroplus menarambo - nearly extinct in native Madagascar; I have large sized tank bred beauties in stock now". I cannot vouch for them or give any experiences with them but thought I would share the findings in case you haven't found anything.

Hope this is helpful and good luck.

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
outlaw said:
Any luck yet?

Between 1/2 and 3/4 (or there about) the way down is your Paretroplus menarambo which he says "pictured above: Paretroplus menarambo - nearly extinct in native Madagascar; I have large sized tank bred beauties in stock now". I cannot vouch for them or give any experiences with them but thought I would share the findings in case you haven't found anything.

Hope this is helpful and good luck.
tangledupincichlids is a good source too.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads