Looking for opinions on stocking 30 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LyndaB, Apr 16, 2010.

1. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I am about to restock my 30 gallon. I have been gathering information from cichlid folks, who have been super helpful, and would now like to gather opinions from all fishkeepers, in case there's some fabulous fish that I should consider. :cool:

So far, my stocking will include:

I adore loaches and think I'm going to go with kuhlis (3 or 5). I have referred to kuhlis before as "too wormy" for me, but what can I say? They're growing on me. :-*

For my "centerpiece" fish, I will go with a pair of GBRs or Apistogramma Agassizi (that's very much up in the air).

What other fish can I have in there to round out the tank?

:;thx for your opinion!

2. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Just my opinion, you could add some more Kuhlis :) You tank will be a very active tank!

Best of luck! :;hf

3. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Some colorful tetras or rainbowfish would be great for the mid-area of the tank. There are so many choices.

4. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I can't wait to put this tank together. Although, I have to admit, choosing the fish for this tank is taking much longer than ever before. Hopefully, that will mean a really special tank in the long run. :happy0064:

5. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

shameless bump...... looking for all of your ideas...... thanks, guys! :party0049:

6. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

I love my blue ram, but I think my second choice of cichlid might be the keyhole cichlid. I think they're really cute. :p Also very peaceful fish.

7. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I think the keyholes are cute, but they lack the color I would hope to have for a pair of fish. If you could have them in a school, they might be more interesting to me. Thanks for your opinion. :)

8. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

Okay, so I might have changed my mind about the rummies I've been leaning towards. Not enough color.

I've got my 5 kuhli loaches (cute little buggers..... and fast!). I used to have serpae tetras (my first tank) and was wondering if they would be compatible with the kuhlis. I was surprised to see them listed as semi-aggressive because mine were always super peaceful.

Thoughts?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice