30 Gallon Tank Looking for opinions on stocking

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am about to restock my 30 gallon. I have been gathering information from cichlid folks, who have been super helpful, and would now like to gather opinions from all fishkeepers, in case there's some fabulous fish that I should consider.

So far, my stocking will include:

I adore loaches and think I'm going to go with kuhlis (3 or 5). I have referred to kuhlis before as "too wormy" for me, but what can I say? They're growing on me. :-*

For my "centerpiece" fish, I will go with a pair of GBRs or Apistogramma Agassizi (that's very much up in the air).

What other fish can I have in there to round out the tank?

x for your opinion!

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just my opinion, you could add some more Kuhlis You tank will be a very active tank!

Best of luck!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't wait to put this tank together. Although, I have to admit, choosing the fish for this tank is taking much longer than ever before. Hopefully, that will mean a really special tank in the long run.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
shameless bump...... looking for all of your ideas...... thanks, guys! arty0049:

midthought

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love my blue ram, but I think my second choice of cichlid might be the keyhole cichlid. I think they're really cute. Also very peaceful fish.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the keyholes are cute, but they lack the color I would hope to have for a pair of fish. If you could have them in a school, they might be more interesting to me. Thanks for your opinion.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Okay, so I might have changed my mind about the rummies I've been leaning towards. Not enough color.

I've got my 5 kuhli loaches (cute little buggers..... and fast!). I used to have serpae tetras (my first tank) and was wondering if they would be compatible with the kuhlis. I was surprised to see them listed as semi-aggressive because mine were always super peaceful.

Thoughts?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom