looking for new fish for my tank.

1. moges Initiate Member

hi all i have just recently had to take my dg back to the shop as they were becoming aggressive. so i am after fish to replace them but not sure what, help please i would like a nice peaceful show fish that lives well in a community but is a but unsual and different and maybe some small schooling fish what do people think as i am not sure of what to get?

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

What size tank is it? How long has your tank been set up? What other types of fish are in the tank?

3. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

how about a pacu? hahaha. just kidding. yes, we need to know more about the tank, before we can give advise. it says 60L....is this the tank you mean? that's just over 15g. your stocking is a bit limited with that size...but you certainly have options...

4. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

If you kept more than one DG, then yes, you're going to have an aggression issue. PRIOR to purchasing any species, it's in your best interest, and theirs, to do lots of research about what they need and how many you need to get.

5. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

in your other thread you stated you kept on of the DGs, is this correct? if you still have one....that'll determine what other fish can go in with him. if you don't have any...that's a different story.

6. moges Initiate Member

yes i have kept one of my dg as i really like him. i have also update profile of what i have in my tank at the moment. know i dont have much room left but i do weekly water changes and keep my tank in good condition. just after something a little different as a show fish. or maybe some schooling fish? not sure but open for advise hence why i am hear. cheers

7. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

so one DG in a 15g. something really small would work. like neon tetras, espei rasboras, ember tetras, maybe harlequin rasboras, glowlight tetras. maybe about 6-8 of whichever you choose.

8. moges Initiate Member

will they go well with the other fish i have?

9. moges Initiate Member

any show fish that would go well?

10. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Id like to add its a female DG from what ive figured out. Id go espei, they look great against DG.

11. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

what do you mean by show fish?

12. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Dwarfs are show fish, you should have kept the more colorful male if it was show you wanted. Unfortunetly, even females are aggressive, though less so. Still i wouldn't risk them with much more then a dominate male honey.