looking for new aquascaping ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by lollipopkiller, Jul 24, 2014.

1. lollipopkiller

lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

my betta gardens are a bit of well an out of control mess so im looking to redo the aquascaping in them any ideas?i have water sprite, java moss, dwarf lilys, rotala, and a branch of cholla with some subwassertang on it. i also have a rock cave in the middle and the substrate is peat moss and black gravel.
    photo (9).JPG
    photo (12).JPG

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

You should add a piece of driftwood. The tank looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Marie1

Marie1 Well Known Member Member

A solid background would make a huge difference. Green or black always works.

4. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

I agree with Marie, the first step is a solid background. I avoid green because I want some contrast with the plants, which black does better than anything else. I also use a light tan color called "stone" for the back of some of my tanks.

I also agree with Brandon about the driftwood. In the first tank I would find a nice piece and cut it into two pieces, unequal would probably look better than exactly in half. I would then put it back together with one section on either side of the divider. Looks like your divider could use some reinforcement anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice