looking for more movement, spray bar or other?

1. clark12 Member Member

don't know much about spray bars, but would like some more movement. spray bar or any other ideas. 75 gal. 4' long. canister outlet is close to the middle. no build up or problems but i think it would help

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

3. clark12 Member Member

i just read about powerheads. it sounds like what I'm after. i have some dead or slow spots in the tank i would like to get rid of. what about brand or filters and sponges that i see as accessories? size too if you prefer a certain brand. thanks

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

5. clark12 Member Member

much cheaper than what i expected. perfect! i might go with the 530 gph 2 pack.
    do you have pictures of that river biotope? that sounds amazing. I'm big into flyfishing and looked quite a bit into a river type of tank.

6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

It wasn't a true biotope (diff plants and rocks than where the fish are from), but here's a pic, before I added the powerhead for additional movement:
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/...29-gal-2/192082-x-birchmanni-x-x-malinche.jpg

7. clark12 Member Member

8. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks! I no longer have that setup (29 gals being sold to make room for a corner tank), but I think it's my favorite scape so far!

Black sand hides waste and algae much better than white sand.

9. clark12 Member Member

exactly what I'm thinking. white sand is hard to keep clean. i use a turkey baster to help clean now. i also think my brichardi shellies looked washed out due to lack of color to begin with but the white sand doesn't help when they try to blend in. was that chunks of limestone?

10. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Yes. I got them from a landscape store. Those fish were wild caught and needed harder water than what my source water is.