Looking for Loaches

Delcos

I’ve recently became really enthralled with loaches. I seem to find out about a new type of loach every time I research them. Was wondering about the more obscure loaches people like and have kept that I might not have heard of.

The2dCour

try Loaches Online they have a bunch of pictures alphabetically by scientific name, all the loaches you've never heard of =)

I love them and Goby. Right now I'm keeping Sumo loaches and Kuhlis.

Heres some loach with color:
Pseudogastromyzon cheni, dorsal fin. — Loaches Online

Basil

Delcos said:
I’ve recently became really enthralled with loaches. I seem to find out about a new type of loach every time I research them. Was wondering about the more obscure loaches people like and have kept that I might not have heard of.
I keep ambastia sidthimunki and Botia dario otherwise known as dwarf chain loaches and Queen loaches. Although not really uncommon, you don’t see them as much as say yo-yo loaches.
Are you a member of the FB page, Loach Fanatics? Quite a few members keep unusual loach species.

9CBEF1E5-B698-4DF9-9C46-FBA659E707F1.jpeg

216B0937-F87B-40B7-BC2D-0D3447819D99.jpeg

BD96D67A-A08B-499E-B607-943BBFD78F89.jpeg

D4F7B06F-E502-41C1-902C-600E0B99EC18.jpeg

mrsP

I'm absolutely in love with Hillstream loaches, one of them in my profile picture. Not uncommon, but lovely.

The2dCour

20210205_134232.jpg

Mr Charming himself

A201

I keep a Berdmorei Tiger Loach. Not a very common Loach, but a very active & colorful one.
I also keep a group of Y. Modesta aka Red Tail Loaches. Although not particularly rare, Red Tails are not often kept. They grow big & thick & are extremely active. Better kept in aggressive communities.

Latest threads

Top Bottom